to be in a really effing vile mood...

(11 Posts)
Caramellattelady Thu 11-Aug-16 18:35:54

...for no distinguishable reason?

I'm 30 weeks pregnant. I'm single, having been very unceremoniously dumped for OW. I'm completely snowed under at work with no let up in sight until I go on mat leave. I'm starting to feel really sad about my future and whether I've made the right choice or not in going ahead with the pregnancy. And I live thousands of miles from my family.

Generally I've been muddling along quite well. But all of a sudden today i'm in an absolutely vile mood. I've been short and stroppy with my team at work, I've been unproductive because I'm so angry at the world, and I found myself walking down the street just sobbing uncontrollably earlier (having started crying because I realised I'd got on the wrong end of the train for the stop I wanted- it seemed like the end of the world - and then not being able to get what I needed at the pharmacy because they're out of stock).

I've been invited out for dinner and I feel like it could make me feel better given that I've not seen anyone all day (apart from a bunch of doctors earlier), but on the other hand I don't feel like I should inflict myself or my mood on others.

WIBU to just hole myself up at home with a takeaway and too many episodes of Gilmore Girls? And a hefty dose of self-pity?!

Or could someone maybe hand me a grip?!

SeenoevilHearnoevilSpeaknoevil Thu 11-Aug-16 18:53:25

YANBU by staying in! Heavily pregnant, single, working and feeling vile? All reasons to get your PJS on and watch/eat crap.

Reschedule the dinner for when your really up for it then it'll be even better!

But if you really want a pep talk to leave the house... I can do them!

Caramellattelady Thu 11-Aug-16 19:09:23

No, I think I needed permission, not a pep talk smile. Thank you!

I think I'll even crack out a clean pair of PJs for the occasion. And maybe an alcohol -free beer or two.

reaches for nearest pizza menu and starts building a fort

Crunchymum Thu 11-Aug-16 19:13:29

I think given your circumstances you are coping amazingly.

You had a shit day, tomorrow is a new one.

Enjoy the pizza and have some cake for dessert!!

heknowsmysinsheseesmysoul Thu 11-Aug-16 19:13:29

Normally when I read threads with this kind of title on MN I think 'get a grip' but you have every bloody reason to feel shit and most people wouldn't be coping nearly as well as you are.

Do whatever you want to tonight. Go out, stay in - whatever you want.

Amelie10 Thu 11-Aug-16 19:14:51

Ah sorry op flowers it sounds like a really tough and stressful situation to be in. It's understandable how you feel. If you don't feel up to meeting up with people, by all means stay in and indulge in whatever gets you through. chocolate

Pearlman Thu 11-Aug-16 19:19:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pleasethankyouthankyouplease Thu 11-Aug-16 19:20:39

As above! And eat the cake. And you are going to be more than fine- look how nice you are - you know you're in a mood, you know you've been unfair to team today and you don't want to inflict your mood on others. Not everyone would recognise those things about them selves
You are a nice person!!!! Things are going to be good

Caramellattelady Thu 11-Aug-16 19:35:06

Oh man. You guys made me have another little weep! But in a really nice way. Who knew AIBU could be so very lovely?!

Thanks for the support. Most days I feel like I'm doing ok but today's just been a bad 'un. Still..:even the darkest night will end and all that.

Cake for everyone, on me cake

teafortoads Thu 11-Aug-16 19:39:33

I found myself single and 4 months pregnant by a violent creature of a man. Such a stressful and ghastly time (think too depressed to get out of bed/brush my teeth etc). Slowly got better (Still have crippling social phobia and anxiety at times). 3 years down the line I am happier than I have ever been; so proud of what I've got through and of the awesome babe I have thus far raised alone. YANBU to feel hurt, betrayed, afraid and generally crappy but It will all be fine and you are awesome! 'Everything will be ok and all manner of things will be ok' and 'this too shall pass' became my mantras during those tough years. You have so much positive stuff to come and there is plenty of help and support out there so please reach out if you feel it would help. You get to have a whole new human being all to yourself and the love between you two will utterly surpass the love you felt for your deadbeat ex. Enjoy your evening of wallowing, then a fresh new day tomorrow.

Caramellattelady Fri 12-Aug-16 12:07:48

Wow teafortoads, sorry to hear you had such a rough time, I'm glad you are feeling so much happier now - long may it continue.

My ex is actually still on the scene in that he wants to be involved (though he pushed hard for a long time for an abortion) and has 'stepped up' on that front as it were. But in a way that makes it harder. I almost wish he'd done the arsehole thing and just disappeared.

Anyway I just popped back on to say I had exactly the evening I needed lastnight. Full of PJs, junk food and Gilmore Girls (once I'd got over my horror at having accidentally read so many spoilers on the 'Jess' thread!!). I had a good long cry, really let myself wallow, then slept. And woke up feeling a bit more ready to take on the world.

Thanks MN!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now