Talk

Advanced search

To think it should have been Jess?

(88 Posts)
ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:11:45

I didn't watch Gilmore Girls first time around, but recently saw it on Netflix - and I'm hooked. While I kind of like the fact that Rory remained single at the end (independent and off to a fresh start), AIBU to think that Jess was 'the one' (and yes, I have an age-inappropriate crush on him).

Logan - entitled, spoiled, womanising little MF and Dean - HUGE potential to be future drunk husband who beats Rory up on a regular basis. Your thoughts......

ParisGellar Thu 11-Aug-16 13:16:15

I 100% agree. Massive crush on him. He was definitely the one. I wasn't keen on how GG ended, but it is still my favourite series ever.

LizKeen Thu 11-Aug-16 13:16:36

Nope. It should have been Logan. Though I am glad she turned him down when she did.

Logan and Rory balanced each other out. He was a little weasel at the start but then he sorted himself out.

Dean was a twat. Both at the start and again when he cheated on his wife.

Jess was a bad influence. The bad boy. Not a long term prospect.

ItchyFoot Thu 11-Aug-16 13:18:10

I dunno he was a little arsey and broody wasn't he? Can't see him fitting in to family dynamics very well. I can't wait for the new season to start.

MorrisZapp Thu 11-Aug-16 13:20:04

Does anybody watch Orange is the new Black? I want to know how they filmed the scenes showing the male fireman becoming a transwoman. Was it the same actor? It did look like the same face.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:20:06

paris. Yesssss! Totally identify with her. And there's a new season??!

wigglesrock Thu 11-Aug-16 13:20:25

I agree - should have been Jess. I married my Jess, well I was probably Jess in the whole dynamic of it all but you get the gist grin.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:22:05

I liked the symmetry of Lorelei/Luke & Rory/Jess. But then I do like a bad boy. To my total detriment.

ItchyFoot Thu 11-Aug-16 13:22:09

There's four new long episodes I think. They'll all be put on Netflix in one go later this year.

LizKeen Thu 11-Aug-16 13:22:12

Yeah, Jess and Lorelai had a terrible dynamic.

ItchyFoot Thu 11-Aug-16 13:23:03

25th of November

jay55 Thu 11-Aug-16 13:24:51

Jess really sorted himself out in the end. He was a bad un when they dated but he'd have been the right one to revisit in her 20s.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:25:03

Itchy agree he wouldn't have enjoyed Friday Night Dinners, but still.....he was all poetic and intelligent and bloody gorgeous (I'm 41 blush)

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:26:14

Oh wow. ThanksItchy - something to look forward to in the winter months!

AppleMagic Thu 11-Aug-16 13:27:03

Morris I think they used the actors twin brother hence the similarity.

Iggi999 Thu 11-Aug-16 13:30:20

Just about to post that, the actress (who is transgender) has a twin brother who played her in those scenes.

MorrisZapp Thu 11-Aug-16 13:37:20

A twin, that's incredible!

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:40:31

If you go on Gilmore Girls forums which obviously I haven't, there is apparently quite a bit of support for Tristan. Really? He was a less sophisticated, less self-aware Logan.

Ladybirdturd Thu 11-Aug-16 13:40:50

Agreed. I think Jess will have mellowed by now and be Luke jnr.

NoncommittalToSparkleMotion Thu 11-Aug-16 13:43:45

OMG, yes. They'd have got together, lived in Brooklyn and become overeducated, snarky hipsters who work in jobs "beneath" them.

It's just more realistic!

I do like that she ended up single, though.

Didn't get the Dean attraction at all.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:43:50

Think I might have to start watching Orange.... Tried GOT and just couldn't get into it; did like Revenge for the first couple of series but then read something online which didn't contain a spoiler alert about the dad not being dead after all. Ruined it for me. Pretty sure I should be taking up Zumba or something instead.....

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 13:45:36

Dean was a control-freak who treated his wife like crap! He would definitely have started pushing Rory around.

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 11-Aug-16 13:45:45

Love Jess. Loved Logan at time .Mainly because he was pretty. As much as I love GG, rewatching has made me realise how utterly insufferable Lorelai and Rory are. If it was real life I highly doubt that either of them would have any of the guys interested in them, they're that annoying. Still one of my favourite shows though!

PaulAnkaTheDog Thu 11-Aug-16 13:47:38

Dean wasn't a control freak! Yeah him and Rory treated Lindsay like shit but Lindsay was a pita. Wanting to lounge around at home, not working to the detriment of Dean's education. He had to get two jobs just to keep her in the way she wanted to live.

CloudPirate Thu 11-Aug-16 13:49:35

I loved Rory and Logan together, am in agreement that she shouldn't have married him (because her happy ending was a great career and being all strong and independant, not getting married) but hoping they end up together in the new episodes? Then again I did have a massive crush on him, and I was so excited when I started watching The Good Wife and he was in it (Matt Czuchry that is).

I did like Jess in that he shared her love of literature etc and they had things to talk about, he could even hold his own with Paris!

Want Lorelei and Luke to be together though and the idea of Jess and Rory ALSO being together seems a bit off to me!

Dean however... so controlling and manipluative, and I'm sure they wouldn't have had anything to talk about... I'm just rewatching the entire series in anticipation of the new episodes (currently on Season 2) and am shocked by how sulky and angry he is, how much she changes her behaviour to avoid reaction from him etc. I'm sure I didn't notice it to the same extent when I first watched it?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now