Talk

Advanced search

to think my neighbours are unreasonable?

(7 Posts)
jennielou75 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:35:09

We have had issues with our neighbours for a while. They are constantly noisy and the 5 children enjoy stampting up the stairs and slamming doors. Last summer they were awful shoutig and screaming every night till 11pm. One night they were going on holiday so kept the children up playing with lots of other children till 1am then they all left in a number of cars shouting as they went.

Last night I was woken at 12.30am by a loud bang. I realised that they were banging shouting and screaming again. I put ear plugs in but could still hear them. I dressed and went downstairs I went outside and their front door was open and the noise was incredible. Dad came out and proceeded to tell me to call the police or the council or just move out! I said I had the right to be able to sleep in my own house and he said he just had guests round twice a year and he had to get up at 4am to go to work himself!

Now today they are constantly banging and stamping which always happens after I complain. I am thinking time to make an official complaint.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 11-Aug-16 11:37:12

Report it, duh. He said do it, so do it! Everytime!

MrsJoeyMaynard Thu 11-Aug-16 11:39:13

Yes, he's as good as given you his blessing to report them, hasn't he?

00100001 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:40:31

report them to the council.

Every time.

jennielou75 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:42:50

I just hear so many stories about horrific neighbours but they are just incredibly noisy. 5 children just don't fit in these small 3 bed houses. I am not bothered by ordinary noise but this is prolonged and deliberate.

00100001 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:47:25

So report them.

Are they council/HA tenants?

jennielou75 Thu 11-Aug-16 11:49:49

I think they are. The previous resident was a council tenant and a lovely old lady. I just hate the feeling that I am seen as a grumpy cow but I hate sleeping with ear plugs in and we can't afford to move at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now