To want to sue?

(33 Posts)
BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 11-Aug-16 09:04:54

This morning, I got out of the shower and banged my head on ceiling. So as not to drip feed, our house has sloped ceilings upstairs and it was the corner bit between the ceiling and the apex window. Now, the corner has been there for the last 14 years that I have lived here and I have had a shower every day but who was being unreasonable? The full extent of the damage to my head has not yet been assessed but WIBU to sue and who could I sue if I did?

Now that I have your attention, please share your most ridiculous AIBUs so I can have a good giggle. grin

DerekSprechenZeDick Thu 11-Aug-16 09:08:53

I want to sue my mum due to the low beams in the loft room.

I keep cracking my head off them. I see light flashes and birds like a cartoon when it happens.

Everyone has the beam fear

FedupofbeingtoldIcantusemyname Thu 11-Aug-16 09:09:36

There is a shelf with a corner that sticks out above the work surface at my work. It has been there, in the same place, for the last 6 months that I have worked there.

One day I head butted it really hard and cut my eyebrow sad

Wibu to take the sodding shelf down so no one else is at risk from this dangerous bit of wall furniture?

bobbymc Thu 11-Aug-16 09:10:38

I want to sue the coffee table. 15years in the same position. I kick it about once a year. It's not even in the way.

Yeah I'm going to sue angry

bobbymc Thu 11-Aug-16 09:11:41

Oh and at work under the desk. Bloody pipes that stick out. Banging shins and knees all the fucking time!

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 11-Aug-16 09:13:35

My toes are a magnet for table corners and door frames. WIBU to just cut the damn things off?

BorpBorpBorp Thu 11-Aug-16 09:13:57

I'd like to sue all doorways. About 1 in 4 times I go through a doorway I bash my shoulder. It's definitely not that I have poor coordination.

PotteringAlong Thu 11-Aug-16 09:14:05

I opened the freezer yesterday and a frozen 2 pint bottle of milk fell out and dropped on my head. It hurt a lot. I might sue myself

Flossyfloof Thu 11-Aug-16 09:14:38

Aibu to sue my neighbour? I have the builders in and, fair enough, he is letting me park on his drive for 7 or 8 weeks. BUT - he never told me about the lamppost just next to it, the one which lights my front garden. Claims it has always been there. I have lived in my house for 16 years and never hit it before, As a consequence I head butted it with my car, causing £350 worth of damage. Should I just ask for the money or is it straight to court?
Actually wondering if I should sure the council as well for not mentioning it to me. What do I pay my council tax for?

OreosAreTasty Thu 11-Aug-16 09:15:02

Aibu to sue Dh?
He snores. And thrashes around so I can't get comfy.

OreosAreTasty Thu 11-Aug-16 09:16:44

Oh and Aibu to sue the dryer?
It's very loud and in my living room until I sort out my 2nd dining room (first world problem) so I can never hear the fecking tv.
And Aibu to sue my mum because she hit me with a tea towel while trying to swat a mosquito

Camembertie Thu 11-Aug-16 09:17:06

I want to sue the deliver man delivering coke on a pallet to the petrol station that I think I just broke my toe on, go on holiday tomorrow sad

HSMMaCM Thu 11-Aug-16 09:18:32

My teenage DD sprays her hair straightening serum stuff and it makes her laminated bedroom floor like an ice rink. She says I shouldn't be in her bedroom, but can I sue her anyway?

allthebestplease Thu 11-Aug-16 09:18:51

Can I sue myself for not being open and frank about my misgivings?

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 11-Aug-16 09:19:27

I have spent too much time on MN this morning and now I have 10 minutes to get ready. WIBU to sue?

<Continues to sit on MN>

LadyMonicaBaddingham Thu 11-Aug-16 09:20:49

I sliced my finger open on a tin of jalapeño stuffed olives last night. I fully intend to sue myself over my clumsiness.

Lolimax Thu 11-Aug-16 09:21:11

Can I sue both my Zumba and Latino fit instructors? They forced me to push myself this week and now I'm hobbling like I've poo'd myself. Very attractive. I'll get thousands I'm sure.

situatedknowledge Thu 11-Aug-16 09:21:33

I would like to sue my dog for filling my home with his noxious farts. He has no income though, so I might need plan b.

bombayflambe Thu 11-Aug-16 09:25:55

I chose to buy a bed frame with a curved head and foot. After 5 years I have permanent bruising/visible veins on my thighs from walking into the sticky out bit on the way to the ensuite nearly every night. As soon as the technology is available to go back I am going to sue my former self.

Ginslinger Thu 11-Aug-16 09:26:00

I ate too much for too long and am now overweight - who do I sue?

londonrach Thu 11-Aug-16 09:26:26

This morning id sue my fridge freezer. The door on purphase closed and knocked my arm whilst i was pouring orange juice so i poured it all over the kitchen counter and floor whilst baby was crying! I gave it an evil look. (The fridge freezer not the baby, although hope fridge freezer doesnt stop working now...might have to make friends Gain with it son) 😳🙄😏🤗

AskBasil Thu 11-Aug-16 09:26:38

I'm suing the kids over their continued habits of putting things on the floor instead of in the places they belong, causing me stubbed toes, broken things and general fury.

ItShouldHaveBeenJess Thu 11-Aug-16 09:27:37

AIBU to sue all the door handles in my flat? The sleeves of my kimono keep catching on them. Ok, maybe I could wear something else but I don't see why I should have to. What. Would really like is to go NC with them, but then they probably won't open or shut any more - they're very petty like that.

dailymaillazyjournos Thu 11-Aug-16 09:28:49

I started with what must be the 20th UTI of the year. can I sue my bladder under the sales of goods and services act 1982?

BeingATwatItsABingThing Thu 11-Aug-16 09:34:43

I've just got makeup all over my phone whilst trying to read MN and get ready. Seriously! I can't stop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now