Talk

Advanced search

To get this for a girl...?

(38 Posts)
Names123 Wed 10-Aug-16 13:38:07

This will be to my niece. So I'm a bit on the fence. Would you mind if I had purchased this for your daughter? I recently took her to the zoo and she thought everything was a dinosaur, so that's why I want to get it for her.

http://www.mothercare.com/Dinosaur-Roar%21-Sweat-Top/LJK370,default,pd.html&loadMoreCurrentStatus=1&returnCgid=toddlersgirlss_tops&returnSrule=null&start=20&returnScrollPos=740

PepsiPenguins Wed 10-Aug-16 13:40:11

I think it's awesome!

She likes dinosaurs, it's a dinosaur jumper - perfect smile

AllPowerfulLizardPerson Wed 10-Aug-16 13:40:46

Of course I wouldn't mind.

Why in earth would anyone mind a sweatshirt decorated with something the child is currently keen on?

Queenbean Wed 10-Aug-16 13:41:10

Definitely not! That's a boys jumper. Girls don't like dinosaurs. Best stick with something pink - flowers or dollies or something.

rivierliedje Wed 10-Aug-16 13:41:32

Why on earth would anyone mind?

Names123 Wed 10-Aug-16 13:41:50

DSis is very for pink, so that's why I was a bit confused yeah, I think I'll go for it though, thanks

Igottastartthinkingbee Wed 10-Aug-16 13:41:52

I'd buy it for a girl, it's fab! In fact I might order one now for DD.

LauraMipsum Wed 10-Aug-16 13:42:30

I'd love it if someone gave that to my daughter, she's really into dinosaurs.

I can't tell if the model used on the website is a boy or a girl.

I never understand why people don't think dinosaurs are just as exciting and interesting for girls as they are for boys. Unless there were no girl dinosaurs and THAT'S why they ended up extinct....

cantshakeitoff Wed 10-Aug-16 13:43:31

Agree with Queenbean. She'll probably get mistaken for a boy and then she'll grow up all confused about her own identity. Will probably become a criminal and end up in prison.

Igottastartthinkingbee Wed 10-Aug-16 13:43:39

Oh rubbish, they don't make it small enough for DD.

reallyanotherone Wed 10-Aug-16 13:43:44

It will make her grow a penis.

Vaginas are only compatible with pink, flowers, and dollies.

LauraMipsum Wed 10-Aug-16 13:45:30

I think the same applies to clothes as toys here.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Wed 10-Aug-16 13:46:48

I'd be very angry indeed. Buying a child's jumper for a child. Outrageous.

Zippidydoodah Wed 10-Aug-16 13:47:32

Laura- that's FAB! grin

Op- so is the jumper! My girls would probably love it!

Crunchymum Wed 10-Aug-16 13:49:24

Its a lovely jumper, my DS and DD would both love it.

timelytess Wed 10-Aug-16 13:51:37

Its lovely! Everyone should have one.

AnnabellesScarf Wed 10-Aug-16 14:01:19

I think it's lovely, the bright blue colour is nice and cheery and the dinosaurs look like they are having fun!

You could always get a pink/flowery dinosaur top if you were worried about your sister/SIL's reaction in particular. They have some in jojomamanbebe here and here. I prefer the mothercare one personally, but a pink one could be a compromise - I do know several people that wouldn't put their DD in "boy's clothes"

PepsiPenguins Wed 10-Aug-16 14:02:37

Love that Laura!!

Did anyone else roar out loud when they saw the image smile just realised I've done it twice now

NeedACleverNN Wed 10-Aug-16 14:03:57

But what if she catches the gay?

<clutches pearls>

Oh, won't someone please think of the children!

MyBreadIsEggy Wed 10-Aug-16 14:11:16

I would buy it smile
Surely your DSis wouldn't object if she saw that your DNiece liked the dinosaurs on it would she?

babyboyHarrison Wed 10-Aug-16 14:12:17

Nothing wrong at all though I do rather like the dinosaur dresses that Boden do.

ScottishSmegHead Wed 10-Aug-16 14:19:16

If you look in the mothercare link posted, it says "toddler girl" so it's being marketed as a girl's top. Plus, my 2 year old DD is dino daft and she'd love it so go for it!

lasttimeround Wed 10-Aug-16 14:20:03

Oh it's lovely. Will see if j can get one for dd

PinkCollarCat Wed 10-Aug-16 14:37:33

I showed the jumper to my DH who's big into pink/girlie/flowery for girls and he asked if we could get DD one. I'd get it for a girl.

minipie Wed 10-Aug-16 14:41:01

DD would love that top. I'd be delighted.

Mothercare have listed it under toddler girl and toddler boy (and unisex) - so even according to the "officials" grin it's for girls too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now