Talk

Advanced search

to refuse to take neighbours parcel?

(20 Posts)
Cupcakeannie77 Wed 10-Aug-16 13:30:15

I'm sick! Off work properly sick. I only work two days but they are long days so I avoid traffic. Anyway I've been off for three days as I'm recovering from pleurisy. I've managed to farm kids out to nursery/grandparents and am trying my best to recuperate. It's so painful to breathe! Monday the postie knocked with parcel for neighbour who wasn't in. I accepted, coughed and hacked for a full five mins before he handed it over and ran away! Yesterday I'm asleep and doorbell goes, I tried to ignore as I'm not particularly looking my best or arsed with visitors anyway four ding dongs later I relented and it was another parcel for same neighbour. Again I coughed hacked and again postie threw parcel and ran. Today the doorbell has gone again, however I'm sat with raging temp every window in house open and the postie is yoo-hooing through my window. I'm lying on couch feeling like death and he's trying to pass parcel for same ducking neighbour through the window! I've just shouted fuck off I'm sick and buried under the duvet. He's left it on my window ledge. It's raining. I can't move. I can't face the neighbour coming to collect it later. I just want to be left to wallow. Is it too much to ask? It's taken me twenty mins to write this, my brain hurts. My skin hurts, every breath hurts I've needed the loo for last hour but I'm in too much pain and all i can think is that fucking parcel is getting wet!

OreosAreTasty Wed 10-Aug-16 13:33:08

YANBU.

HoneyDragon Wed 10-Aug-16 13:33:48

When you are up to it raise merry fucking hell hell with the post office and get your neighbour too. Fuck off means a very definite decline.

DorothyHarris Wed 10-Aug-16 13:33:49

YANBU leave the sodding parcel on the windowsill. If he was that bothered he would have them delivered when he was going to be in!

OohMavis Wed 10-Aug-16 13:35:05

Are you well enough to be home?! You sound like you need a hospital bed shock

And no you're definitely not being unreasonable.

NoFuchsGiven Wed 10-Aug-16 13:35:54

Put a note on the door?

Missgraeme Wed 10-Aug-16 13:37:31

Daub a big cross on your door to keep knockers away!!

turquoise88 Wed 10-Aug-16 13:42:26

I agree with pp, put a note on the door. Bit of a full-on postie you have there! I swear ours sometimes put the "something for you" ticket through the door without even bothering to try and deliver grin

pigsDOfly Wed 10-Aug-16 13:42:38

Yes, you need to complain to the post office when you feel up to it.

You're not obliged to take in parcels even if you're in the best of health. You're not a drop off point.

When you eventually manage to get up to wee maybe put a note on your door saying your will not take neighbours' parcels in.

I found out that a neighbour had left a note on her door telling delivery people that they could leave parcels at my house; never mentioned it to me though and it really pissed me off.

Hope you feel better soon.

pigsDOfly Wed 10-Aug-16 13:43:58

Ah see xpost with NoFuchs re the note.

Nanny0gg Wed 10-Aug-16 13:45:18

YANBU but can I suggest that you put a note on the door saying that deliveries will not be accepted.

StackladysMorphicResonator Wed 10-Aug-16 13:52:35

You poor thing, pleurisy is dreadful (I speak from bitter experience!) sad

When you're up to it put a note on the front door saying you do not accept parcels for anyone other than your own household.

And when you're better, raise hell with the Post Office - your postie has behaved appallingly.

trafalgargal Wed 10-Aug-16 14:04:27

Plurisy is awful I had it years ago and still remember.
Your postie is an idiot definitely put in a complaint when you are better.

PuppyMonkey Wed 10-Aug-16 14:17:40

Put a note on the door saying you have something very contagious? grin

Get well soon btw flowers

tigerdick Wed 10-Aug-16 14:19:35

If he's your regular postie I wouldn't bother with a complaint, it's not worth the weirdness. Just put a note on the door and keep the curtains drawn.

Cupcakeannie77 Wed 10-Aug-16 15:24:05

I made it to the loo! parcel is on front step with note. I've gone to bed with paracetamol, hot bean bag will not be moving for the foreseeable. Thank you xx

Vickyyyy Wed 10-Aug-16 16:03:53

I would complain, I mean, accepting a parcel for neighbours is par for the course round here, but given you are ill, took in parcels for 2 days and are expected to take another thats taking the piss. The worst part of it though is the postie leaving it on your windowsill...will you be responsible for damages and such? Surely they need a signature to prove they gave you it, etc etc.

As for how you worded your OP, are you sure you shouldn't be in hospital? You sound VERY ill.

Dadstheworld Wed 10-Aug-16 16:05:52

You could politely refuse to take in the parcel

Magazinepile Wed 10-Aug-16 16:06:30

Yanbu but I don't think you should have told him to F off poor guyhmm

TheMaddHugger Wed 10-Aug-16 16:38:27

(((((((((((Hugs)))))))))) Soup and Sympathy.

To echo another poster [OohMavis ]. are you sure you shouldn't be in Hospital ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now