Talk

Advanced search

To not not know who to be more shocked by

(47 Posts)
thisismeusernameything Tue 09-Aug-16 22:45:38

I don't know who is more in the wrong here. The PR disaster that Cineworld are creating for themselves or the sheer ignorant attitude of some the Daily Fail readers who have genuinely made me go shock

Sorry if this has already been posted. I'm not often speechless but shock

Not a single parent by the way. Just in case you think it's clouding my judgement.

http://dailym.ai/2aIJorT

DerekSprechenZeDick Tue 09-Aug-16 22:47:21

Is that even a real link?!

Looks like those 'penis enlarger here' quick links

thisismeusernameything Tue 09-Aug-16 22:50:55

Its here. Sorry I should know better than to try and post from my phone

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3731135/Single-mother-refused-cinema-family-meal-deal-no-second-parent.html

notamummy10 Tue 09-Aug-16 22:51:58

Daily Fail commenters are always ignorant.

The other day, a blogger called Part-time Working Mummy/Mum ended up in Mail Online for one of her posts last week... The comments on there was ignorance galore!!

thisismeusernameything Tue 09-Aug-16 22:58:05

I actually don't care about Cineworld. Its their funeral but the top comment is There is no family without a man. The kids and wife have his name ffs. Im very encouraged by Cineworlds moral standing. Fair play to them

Do people genuinly believe that? I'm aware that I need to stop reading the Daily Fail by the way. I just find their ignorant readers addictive.

PovertyPain Tue 09-Aug-16 22:58:43

Didn't the cinema state that you qualified for the meal deal if you bought the 'family' ticket, which could be for two adults and two children, or one adult and three children? She didn't buy the family cinema ticket, so she wasn't entitled to the meal deal. It was nothing to do with the fact that she was single mother!

kali110 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:00:07

I'm no longer shocked by the people in the daily mail.

kali110 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:01:01

poverty but why deal with logic when can can do a daily mail sad face?

thisismeusernameything Tue 09-Aug-16 23:04:22

Yes. The details of the deal need to be clarified to state that its a four person deal rather than a family ticket. Cineworld haven't managed the fall out very well for their part in it.

I'm more shocked by the readers on the DM website

DesolateWaist Tue 09-Aug-16 23:09:37

Stop reading the Daily Mail.

TattyCat Tue 09-Aug-16 23:11:12

Why do so many MNers read the DM if it's so hated? I don't get it. I don't read newspapers I don't like, therefore it doesn't bother me!! hmm

Arfarfanarf Tue 09-Aug-16 23:12:41

Ahh. The daily mail comments section. Makes the taliban look like lentil weaving tree hugging liberal lefties. Let me guess - single mothers are everything that's wrong with the world and will bring about the apocalypse.

e1y1 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:15:13

The way I read it was that you can only buy the family meal deal if you bought the family ticket deal for the movie.

The lady in question could not do this as there was only 3 watching the film, in this scenario I don't see Cineworld being in the wrong.

However, in terms of the PR shitstorm disaster they have created for themselves, the should have just give the customer in question a refund.

e1y1 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:18:35

Also yes agree with PP, no self respecting person would ever read the Daily Fail, so I don't.

Arfarfanarf Tue 09-Aug-16 23:18:52

I cant speak for anyone else tatty but i read lots of different papers and other news sources. I think you need to know and understand all positions. You cant have an opinion if you dont. I like to know what people think. There are things i'll agree with and things that will make me want to chew on the keyboard grin but it's good to know what kind of people are out there. To understand how other people see the world. To know what's being said 'out there'.

I could stay in my bubble, reading only things that please me but i think that leads to ignorance.

PovertyPain Tue 09-Aug-16 23:19:16

poverty but why deal with logic when can can do a daily mail sad face?

Haha grin

ghostspirit Tue 09-Aug-16 23:19:17

i read this in another paper. i think it was because it was called a family ticket.they should have called it group ticket. i take my own sweets when i go cinema no way paying them prices

ADishBestEatenCold Tue 09-Aug-16 23:21:02

I'm confused. If it's a Four Person Meal, why are there only two drinks?

thisismeusernameything Tue 09-Aug-16 23:23:02

Because it's like crack to me Tatty. I know it's destroying my brain cells but I'm addicted.

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:24:08

How many Daily Mail readers are going to start threads, complaining about their newspaper of choice, and about how thick other Daily Mail readers are? confused

It screams irony but sometimes I wonder if I'm the only one who can see it? confused

WorraLiberty Tue 09-Aug-16 23:24:47

Sorry, the last confused face was supposed to be a grin face.

i8sum314 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:26:21

arfarfarf, that's so funny and true. i used to read the comments but they didn't just make me laugh, they depressed me, the state of humanity etc.... I had to stop.

BreakfastAtSquiffanys Tue 09-Aug-16 23:27:59

If it's a Four Person Meal, why are there only two drinks?
Have you seen the size of cinema drinks?
Stick some ice cubes in one of those megadrinks and you could sink the Titanic in it

i8sum314 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:30:05

lol at ''it's like crack''

tiz. I seem to have weaned myself off it though.

Lorelei76 Tue 09-Aug-16 23:30:11

I don't want to name them in case I am wrong but I am quite sure there's a Family ticket for a London theatre where there has to be 2 adults and 2 children.

It was such a good offer I thought it was discriminating against 4 adults frankly!! (or 4 over-16s).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now