Topsy and Effing Tim

(88 Posts)
99percentchocolate Tue 09-Aug-16 22:42:34

Aibu or is this show shit? Dad has just discovered it and it makes me so cross.
Their mum is so wet. Tim doesn't want to come downstairs and meet the new teacher, "ok Tim". No, it's not ok Tim, you're being rude and you can play with your rocket later.

And the last day of nursery episode???
Fuck off Tony Welsch's dad - invite the whole fucking nursery over to your own fucking house!

angry

disclaimer: I am drunk

99percentchocolate Tue 09-Aug-16 22:43:06

Not dad! DD! Autocorrect fail wine fail

BrianButterfield Tue 09-Aug-16 22:44:51

You're right, it's shit. Twintastic, ffs. And I fucking hate the fake way they talk to those two little brats, who, I swear, are about 13 by the time they finally master phonics enough to graduate to Y1.

Wayfarersonbaby Tue 09-Aug-16 22:49:00

The mum really gets on my t**s. Why is she so bloody smug and relaxed-looking in her chinos and ironed shirts? Why is she not 3 stone overweight, wearing stretchy tops from H&M, losing her temper and shouting at the "twintastic" horrors and dashing off at 6pm for a glass of wine?

<hrrrurmph>

99percentchocolate Tue 09-Aug-16 22:49:03

Yes! I've already had to explain to DD why we can't have her entire nursery class over to play too. The mum needs to grow a pair and stand up for herself!!

Rifleponyandme Tue 09-Aug-16 22:49:33

Hate hate hate this program always think the house looks like it needs a good tidy and the mum never loses her shit she is so false and calm, does my head in

99percentchocolate Tue 09-Aug-16 22:50:32

In one episode the mum went away so the dad took the kids to his office. I think she went on a bender.

loosechange Tue 09-Aug-16 22:50:40

Mum is a robot.
"Oh, Tim, you have just knocked over those very expensive cupcakes I bought and ruined them. Go to your room. "
Followed by ," Sorry I told you off, Tim, I was upset about the cakes. "

WTF?! No swearing. No FFS TIM! HOW MANG TIMES HAVE I TOLD YOU NOT TO DO THAT?!!!!

And she only wears beige or white.

A robot. I am convinced.

99percentchocolate Tue 09-Aug-16 22:52:44

Rifle - glad it's not just me! Our house can be cluttered but theirs seems to be a bit of a tip. Is it supposed to be a typical house, because I don't know many people with several paint samples and peeled off wallpaper on their living room walls? At least not as a long term decorating solution

m0therofdragons Tue 09-Aug-16 22:53:16

I'm unreasonably annoyed they're not actually twins. My twins play topsy and Tim but both want to be topsy as they're both girls hmm. For realism they should definitely bicker more.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Tue 09-Aug-16 22:54:46

The house looks awful - a total shit tip

Sounds like you had the same afternoon as me, 99 😄

Even my 2 year old can see through them though. She squints at the TV and says, "That's a BIG boy, mummy"

The episode I particularly hate is the one when granny's dog allegedly has a sore paw. Anyway, she fucks over taking it to the bet to babysit T and T. Instead if instructing them to leave a dog in pain alone, she allows Toosey to mollicate the bloody thing whilst sticking her face right besude it. She's then allowed to bandage its sore paw. I wish the bloody thing had bitten her nose off so at least it woukd be a salutary tale for toddlers to leave dogs alone - particularly ones in pain. Don't try and bandage they're paws!

Sammysquiz Tue 09-Aug-16 22:54:59

They're not making any more episodes apparently, which is a bit sad cos it ended with the mum being pregnant & I was hoping to see her perfect facade slip a little when faced with newborn + precocious twins.

Gobbolinothewitchscat Tue 09-Aug-16 22:55:02

their paws!

honeylulu Tue 09-Aug-16 22:55:25

I am so sick of this programme. It's my toddlers and she watches the episodes on I player over and over.
They are far too old to be at nursery.
When the mum went away me and husband said she had gone off to DappyCowsville.
I had the books as a child though and loved them. Wasn't there another sister? Tansy?

Mov1ngOn Tue 09-Aug-16 22:55:51

I always think how wonderful it would be to have their house blush. Even their old one had so much more space than ours and garden space and..... I have a crush on their house and the one in grandad in my pocket.

Rifleponyandme Tue 09-Aug-16 22:56:08

There was one when tospy took ill and babysitter couldnt get the mum on the phone coz she had went out with her friend and turned her phone off, and maybe its just me but everything is a big deal for them the grocery delivery driver knows the twins by name and coms in the house to help unload the shopping!!!! Not like any asda delivery i ahve ever had

CruCru Tue 09-Aug-16 22:57:26

I think the mum is having an affair and is so nice out of guilt. I remember that in the chickenpox episode, no one could get hold of her.

Otherwise, she would do what I do and snap at her children. Particularly when they have been asked not to do XYZ for the third time that day.

Rifleponyandme Tue 09-Aug-16 22:59:25

And why do they call everyone with their full name oh hi tony welch!!!!! Wtf is that all about

londonrach Tue 09-Aug-16 22:59:55

Tanson was adopted in the books

Rifleponyandme Tue 09-Aug-16 23:00:51

The mum is never just sitting chillin in her pjs with a glass of wine no make up on and hair scraped up lol

BrianButterfield Tue 09-Aug-16 23:02:54

I'd love to see one one where everyone in the house is just nose up against a screen

greathat Tue 09-Aug-16 23:05:48

My Tesco delivery men bring it to the kitchen and help unload. Switch supermarkets Rifle

aintnosunshinewhenbriesgone Tue 09-Aug-16 23:06:50

I have had the theme tune to T&T in my head for about a week. Ear worm.
They are the most annoyingly enthusiastic children I have ever seen & they are actually about 8 years old aren't they?
My daughter watches it every morning on iplayer. She is 3. Even she can see that the whole family are smug as fuck. And Mrs Higgly Piggly!!?????

Rifleponyandme Tue 09-Aug-16 23:07:26

Greathat need to try tesco then my asda man just dumps it on my front step chaps the door then pisses off,

Nofunkingworriesmate Tue 09-Aug-16 23:07:39

I feel sorry for the twins...... mums had an affair with max branning and is in fact dead!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now