Advanced search

Broken phone Aibu/wwyd

(9 Posts)
Shezza71 Tue 09-Aug-16 19:05:20

So dd18 went to small party at a friends house at the weekend, everyone had been drinking.
Another girl asked dd to take picture on her phone, she did but dropped phone and screen cracked, dd was accused of throwing phone on purpose!
Small argument ensued and dd decided to leave.
Text from other girl the following day, saying screen was broken, it was dds fault and had to pay £80 repair cost.
Dd text back saying it was an accident and didn't appreciate the accusations and offered to pay half.
Another text insisting she had to pay full amount, even in instalments. dd sent silly pic back(not her brightest idea) but no reply back
Girl then turns up at her work place that evening looking for her, dd wasn't at work though
Today dd receives group message from girl and 6 of her friends threatening to slash her car tyres and smash her teeth in!
Dd refused to engage in messages and isn't even willing to now pay the half she offered let alone negotiate the full amount.
Not sure how to move forward, advice please
Fwiw I told her she should probably pay the full amount, and she did consider offering half this pay day and half next payday as she only works part time as she's only just finished college

RavioliOnToast Tue 09-Aug-16 19:07:46

Erm I think I'd be ringing the police as she's being harassed and threatened. And tell them to go and fuck themselves.

Missgraeme Tue 09-Aug-16 19:57:05

Phone insurance or house insurance should cover it. Sounds a diva!!

twofingerstoGideon Tue 09-Aug-16 19:58:40

I agree with reporting the threats to the police. Not on.

Grittyshunts Tue 09-Aug-16 20:00:12

I would keep those messages and go to the police! Also just pay the £80 to keep them off her back.

fastdaytears Tue 09-Aug-16 20:00:35

£80 will be below the excess on either phone or home insurance won't it?

I would report too. Teeth smashing and tyre slashing is pretty specific. Will your DD have to see much of this girl?

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Tue 09-Aug-16 20:01:16

Phone the police. 101. Threats like that not acceptable.
Try and encourage your DD to offer half again. Police will not care about the money owed (civil) but should take action on threats to property and assault!

Shezza71 Tue 09-Aug-16 20:08:49

Wow thought I might of got roasted. Dd knows the girl but just through other friends so don't cross paths much. Thanks for comments everyone

pasturesgreen Tue 09-Aug-16 20:11:12

Definitely report the threats, I wouldn't be happy to think they know where she works.

Also, YY to home insurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now