Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be eating chocolate at 2:35?

(13 Posts)
SmallBee Tue 09-Aug-16 02:38:37

I'm up with 3 day old DS who seems to be feeding on the hour every hour and my milk is finally coming in. I need to eat a huge bar of galaxy to help make milk for my baby yes? grin

MoreGilmoreGirls Tue 09-Aug-16 02:40:19

Yes definitely! I'm up with my 3 week old, have run out of chocolate, send some my way grin

YoureMyWifeNowDave Tue 09-Aug-16 02:41:48

YANBU smile Congratulations on your DS smile

SmallBee Tue 09-Aug-16 02:42:04

Oh thank goodness, have some of this chocolate

I know now he's here I should be eating sensible things again but I can eat chocolate one handed....

MoreGilmoreGirls Tue 09-Aug-16 02:43:49

Yeah I tried eating salad one handed it did not work. I find pizza, biscuits and cake easiest grin

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 09-Aug-16 02:43:52

Ooh I have a 3 day old ds as well grin

No chocolate though. But of i had some I'd eat it! Although pregnancy heartburn is still a bit too recent maybe to risk it...

SmallBee Tue 09-Aug-16 02:48:03

My MIL & her friends have a gin club, I'm beginning to think we might have a market for something similar, a late night newborns and chocolate/pizza/cake club perhaps?

Congratulations on your new DC!

SusanAndBinkyRideForth Tue 09-Aug-16 02:49:26

You too flowers

And fab idea! grin

MoreGilmoreGirls Tue 09-Aug-16 02:50:56

Agreed, I wonder if take out places deliver at 3am!

Congrats to you too, hope little one settles for you soon

MaverickSnoopy Tue 09-Aug-16 03:01:00

Currently up with 4wo (since 9pm) who is allergic to sleep. I don't have chocolate. DH asked if I needed any from the shop on his way home from work last night/tonight/whenever it was and I said no. I thought I could battle through. Stupid mistake! What I need is a takeaway place that delivers chocolate!

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 09-Aug-16 03:12:41

I was going to say YABU* until I read that you're bf'ing - in which case, no, YANBU at all, go for it.
I used to have a rolling week's supply in at any time of G&B milk and almond chocolate for just such occasions.

*on the grounds that eating at that time of night under normal, non-bfing circs, can add to your risk of weight gain etc.

SmallBee Tue 09-Aug-16 04:00:40

Thumbwitch that chocolate sounds amazing, my galaxy might need an upgrade.

Do you think we could convince MN to start their own late night delivery service? Catering to pregnant women and parents of newborns and sleep refusers?

ThumbWitchesAbroad Tue 09-Aug-16 04:29:32

Great idea! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now