Talk

Advanced search

New neighbours loud sex

(92 Posts)
flissfloss65 Mon 08-Aug-16 12:49:30

They moved in on Saturday and last night as I was watching tv in my lounge I could hear her moaning and groans over my tv. I've never heard other neighbours in any other house having sex, even house sharing as a student. Thing is I don't like hearing her and she was SO loud. Obviously they can do what they want in their own house and maybe it was just a really good night for her! But if it continues should I mention we can hear them? I hate the idea of having people round and hearing them, it just feels ughhh. AIBU to feel like this?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 08-Aug-16 12:50:58

It's only happened once, why don't you just wait a bit?

Skittlesss Mon 08-Aug-16 13:04:48

Give them time to realise how thin the walls are. If you can hear them then they will hear you doing some stuff (maybe get the kids playing in the rooms on their side of the house?)

INeedAnEspresso Mon 08-Aug-16 13:06:12

If it happens frequently I would have a word or report a noise disturbance.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 08-Aug-16 13:06:28

If they start again turn the telly up REALLY loudly and they'll get the hintgrin

SoupDragon Mon 08-Aug-16 13:08:55

Give a round of very loud applause when it's finished.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 08-Aug-16 13:11:27

And don't shout 'encore!'grin

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Mon 08-Aug-16 13:13:50

I'd drop a note through their door, I would be mortified if I thought my neighbours could hear us

AlMinzerAndHisPyramidOfDogs Mon 08-Aug-16 13:17:55

It won't be last last time.
I'd tell them.

hairycatmum Mon 08-Aug-16 13:26:08

I'd wait and see if it happens again-maybe they'd been celebrating moving in and got carried away. If it happens again I'd drop them a note.

5BlueHydrangea Mon 08-Aug-16 13:28:36

We had an intruder in our garden recently. The lady next door woke up to her dogs barking and saw him so started shouting out the window. My dh woke up and thought they were in the throes of passion next door so ignored them rather than looking outside to see what was going on!!

acasualobserver Mon 08-Aug-16 13:28:39

To those who would send the neighbours a note, what would you write exactly?

LaurieFairyCake Mon 08-Aug-16 13:29:44

" The walls are thin and I can hear you having sex"

TiggyOBE Mon 08-Aug-16 13:31:38

On a Sunday? But that's god's day!

Andrewofgg Mon 08-Aug-16 13:32:05

Reciprocate?

LRDtheFeministDragon Mon 08-Aug-16 13:34:34

Well, do you ever have sex? And are you utterly silent?

Chances are if you can hear her, she can hear you!

My mate had a neighbour who got very sniffy about them being up early, and took them to task about being audible in the kitchen at indecently early hours on the weekend (I think it was about 7-8 am ...), and they took great pleasure in pointing out that they had been politely refraining from letting her know they could hear whenever she had a 'good night'.

DIYTopTits Mon 08-Aug-16 13:35:26

Soup and Dame, I actually burst out laughing at those suggestions. OP please clap!

Have you introduced yourself to them yet? If not, maybe you could say hello and apologise in advance if they can here you hoovering DTD with DP/DH/DW/randomer or whatever because the walls are not that sound proof. Then just give them a meaningful state or even a wink

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Mon 08-Aug-16 13:36:06

My note would say, this is just a polite note to point out how thin the walls are between our houses and noises can carry through them, particularly at night, if you find we are disturbing you please let me know., as our last neighbour was a bit deaf and it wasn't an issue.grin

DIYTopTits Mon 08-Aug-16 13:36:36

That's meant to say stare not state. confused

Lilacpink40 Mon 08-Aug-16 13:37:19

Definitely get loud clapping / cheering recording and play that at end!

BursarsFrogs Mon 08-Aug-16 13:46:37

Ours were loud, but the problem seems to have fixed itself with them having had a baby. Haven't heard them in ages.

I hated hearing them too, since it sometimes woke me up and I sleep badly anyway, but I never really thought I could do or say anything about it. Their house, their lives etc.

SemiNormal Mon 08-Aug-16 13:47:35

I'd probably be really passive aggressive about it and just start banging on the wall. It would seriously piss me off too.

Or you can mention to her that your previous neighbours were at it like rabbits and you could hear every moan and groan - she'll get the message but you may spare some blushes by being more indirect.

IJustLostTheGame Mon 08-Aug-16 13:48:10

Shout very loudly 'turn the telly up. I can't hear it. Next door are bonking again'

facepalming Mon 08-Aug-16 13:48:49

We had an upstairs neighbour send us a note once. I was mortified!!!

DH on the other hand was beyond proud of himself!!

2kids2dogsnosense Mon 08-Aug-16 13:50:01

Record them and play it at full volume with your windows open the next day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now