AIBU to be worried that I'm STILL tired?

(3 Posts)
mumtomaxwell Sat 06-Aug-16 23:50:01

I'm a teacher and have been for a very long time (17 yrs). I currently work 3 days a week, and totally love the massive perk that is the summer holiday. But this year I don't seem to have 'recovered' quite so well... Normally the first few days of the holiday are written off by pure exhaustion. But as week 3 begins I STILL can't get my act together. I'm worried there's something really wrong... I'm being a moody old mummy to my young children and not a very nice wife to DH either. Am I right to be worried?

Arfarfanarf Sat 06-Aug-16 23:56:23

If you are concerned maybe visit your gp and ask for tests to rule out things like aneamia for example.

To ask a silly question though - how much actual rest have you had with two young children? Is there any way you can have a couple of days where you sleep in and do bugger all, see how you feel? (I know that might not be possible)

PansOnFire Sat 06-Aug-16 23:59:34

It's hard to say - has this year been more stressful/busy than usual? Have you had to change a lot of what you usually do during the year? If there is nothing significant that is different then I'd have your iron levels checked, it could be that they're on the low side and that's what is making you tired.

Other things to consider are vitamin d levels and also any lifestyle changes that you may not have realised have had an impact. Don't worry but I'd have a bit of an MoT for reassurance.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now