AIBU to run out into street yelling!!!

(22 Posts)
NoobThebrave Sat 06-Aug-16 09:00:28

Every effin morning for the last 9 weeks our neighbours builder turn up at 7.50 (like clockwork!) and make the most horrific noise - angle grind, hammer, shout "f*@£ the concrete isn't set", practice for the olympics with scaffolding poles etc. By 8.52 you wouldn't know they are there....occasional wood being stacked, light whistle etc.

Having my first lie in of holidays and I am being driven crazy bored of it, would it be wrong on Monday to run naked into the street and shout "shut the f£@* up" ?? .............Just asking for a friend??

mrsfuzzy Sat 06-Aug-16 09:03:46

if i ran naked into the street, i wouldn't need to say anything, the builders would take one look, scram and never be seen again {grin] - sorted !

mrsfuzzy Sat 06-Aug-16 09:04:26

grin -bloody emojis.

heehaaw Sat 06-Aug-16 09:04:30

I would be tempted too. Our upstairs neighbours had a party last Saturday night. We've told them previously we don't mind if they have parties (always noisy until very late) as long as they tell us in advance so we can stay elsewhere as we both work shifts & have a toddler. They didn't bother telling us last week. I left for work at 6.30am on Sunday and unfortunately the door slammed behind me. Shame.

whatstheplanphil Sat 06-Aug-16 09:08:21

You definitely would NOT be unreasonable to do this !!
If fact could you get all your neighbours to do it at the same time ?

NoobThebrave Sat 06-Aug-16 09:11:54

😂 my naked running would probably be sufficient!!

Ditsyprint40 Sat 06-Aug-16 09:12:31

Do it!! I had the same earlier this week - ill and desperately needed a lie in to be woken just after 7. Fuming!!

Ditsyprint40 Sat 06-Aug-16 09:13:22

Last tenants (students) we had next door would wake me in the early hours with their rampant sex noises (she was definitely faking). I'd repay the favour by blasting music in my bedroom at 6am as I got up for work...

mrsfuzzy Sat 06-Aug-16 09:14:48

noob you and me at op's place ready behind a hedge 7am monday morning on the double - hope it's not chilly !

MsJamieFraser Sat 06-Aug-16 09:16:16

Have you spoken to your neighbours? Because they are doing nothing illegal.

pinkieandperkie Sat 06-Aug-16 09:30:46

Do it, run outside waving arms and legs screaming frantically. Credit to the builders though turning up on time every morning. When we had the builders in they turned up whenever they felt like it but never on time. My neighbour is currently in his garden using a sanding machine, I hope his sanding sheet runs out real soon.

RNBrie Sat 06-Aug-16 09:35:50

I went into the street barefoot, in a dressing gown with mad hair and begged the builders across the street to STFU. It was 8am on a Saturday and my dh was rocking the newborn so I could get some sleep. I'd been up for about 4 days straight.

They complied. They said they could give me two hours. I could have kissed every last one of them.

My advice is to look as desperate as possible and be really nice!

NoobThebrave Sat 06-Aug-16 18:26:39

Mrs Fuzzy, forecast looks good....see you there 😂

NoobThebrave Sat 06-Aug-16 18:30:01

Mrs JF, This was not a very serious post. My neighbours are quite entitled to have building work and obviously 7.50 AM is the time we should all be up doing our Pilates and eating granola but after 9 weeks it's bloody annoying!! Thinking about it it's also a small extension..... They may be prompt but a bit slow !

bigtapdancingpimp Sat 06-Aug-16 18:49:34

Oh I've done this blush

In my younger days when I used to stay out until midnight 5am I was disturbed by builders at 9 on a Sunday morning. I ran into the street and roared at them; they upped tools and left but probably more to do with the scary lady still clad in clubbing gear and smeared make-up than any legal requirements.

OP do you want me to come round and yell at them? grin

NoobThebrave Sat 06-Aug-16 23:16:25

Ooh yes please...Monday at 7.50...clubbing beforehand optional but scariness needed 😂

daisywhoopsie Sat 06-Aug-16 23:19:05

'Just asking for a friend' grin

NoobThebrave Tue 09-Aug-16 07:54:40

Think builders must be on MN!! Came at 9 and saved the angle grinding until 10 or so knackered I slept through 8am 'banter

PansOnFire Tue 09-Aug-16 08:05:20

I'm not sure something has to be illegal before it's irritating MsJamie

You've done well to restrain yourself for 9 weeks, I think it's time you took drastic methods OP.

PovertyPain Tue 09-Aug-16 08:10:45

Ohhhh OP, I reckon MrsJamie is your neighbour. wink

NoobThebrave Tue 09-Aug-16 21:22:34

I shall shout out Jamie Fraser in the morning and see while naked in bushes

NoobThebrave Tue 09-Aug-16 21:24:14

What measures Pan?? I would have thought naked in street would be enough for most 😳

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now