Talk

Advanced search

Bottles by communal swimming pool

(6 Posts)
derektheladyhamster Fri 05-Aug-16 16:56:27

I'm just wondering if I'm being precious. I'm on holiday in Spain, 10 days into a 2 week holiday in an apartment with a communal pool. Since we arrived there are 2 families, with young children and older teens who take a stereo I didn't think these even still existed! and stubbies of beer to the pool area, even though there are signs prohibiting glass and music around the pool. Since we arrived, paper signs have gone up onto the litter bins saying no glass. Aibu? I hate the idea of glass around swimming pools, and there are enough supermarkets selling cans of beer that the glass bottles are unnecessary. Worryingly, they are English families and we are here through air bnb. I hope we don't get tarred with the same brush.
-and yes I have been making full use of the 3€ bottles of cava - but on my terrace, not around the pool!

aintnosunshinewhenbriesgone Fri 05-Aug-16 16:59:21

Glass+pool = stupid. Maybe just say something?

NatureCreatesFreaks Fri 05-Aug-16 17:01:51

The whole situation is the the exact reason why I've never been on am all inclusive. Sounds awful!

derektheladyhamster Fri 05-Aug-16 17:05:59

This isn't even vaguely A1 even. They've got young kids I really don't understand....

Mumoftwoyoungkids Fri 05-Aug-16 20:40:09

Nature In my experience you are far less likely to get this on an All Inclusive holiday than in self catering.

For AI the hotel supplies the drink and so supplies an appropriate container for you to drink it out of. Which means drinks in plastic / paper cups by the pool.

Technically you could get off your sun longer, walk past the pool, down the path, cross the tennis court, go up the stairs and get a nice breakable glass from the lobby bar but most people tend to get off the sun lounger and walk all 14 steps to the pool bar.

NatureCreatesFreaks Sat 06-Aug-16 08:49:05

I din't understand mumof we self cater but never a communal pool. That's the bit I'm not a fan of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now