Talk

Advanced search

to think that my friend is beginning to be an arse now?

(12 Posts)
ScallopedSkirt Fri 05-Aug-16 15:48:41

At the beginning of June a friend and I went for a night out. She spent the night chatting to men, I was pissed off that I wasn't good enough company and texted a mutual friend commenting on the guy she was chatting to.

It was bitchy and I shouldn't have done it. I know that. I have apologised over and over again. She's still not speaking to me.

AIBU to think she's just being an arse about something that was really pretty minor?

Crunchymum Fri 05-Aug-16 15:50:26

I don't get it?

You text a mutual friend and they told her what you said?

ScallopedSkirt Fri 05-Aug-16 15:52:08

Yes- in a sort of jokey way that turned into disaster ('heard you were chatting up so and so last night!').

toolonglurking Fri 05-Aug-16 15:53:39

I had a friend that used to do this. I was only useful until she found a guy, and then I'd just end up going home while she'd have a one night stand.
It got out of hand, I told her it wasn't on, we are no longer friends.

HateSummer Fri 05-Aug-16 15:56:23

Well i don't know. Maybe this isn't the first time you've made "jokey comments" behind her back to a mutual friend? And the mutual friend is an arse too. You're all arses as far as I can tell.

scampimom Fri 05-Aug-16 15:57:52

So you're good enough to drag along with her so she doesn't have to go out on her own looking like a saddo, but not good enough to talk to?

I think she's probably in a stroppy sulk because she's been called out. You've kinda shown what you think of her, and she's shown you what she thinks of you.

Me, I'd keep her as your fun, part-time friend if it's too awkward to let her go completely, but I don't think you like or respect each other enough to warrant trying to rescue this "friendship".

ScallopedSkirt Fri 05-Aug-16 15:58:35

I agree with you HateSummer and think we should all just put it behind us instead of dragging it out.

I haven't done that before.

QueenofallIsee Fri 05-Aug-16 15:58:50

I would just leave it now - no way would I keep saying sorry to someone who won't accept it. You shouldn't have done that but you can't make her forgive you. Move on

ScallopedSkirt Fri 05-Aug-16 15:59:39

I'd be so sad if the friendship ended. I know what you're saying though.

toadgirl Fri 05-Aug-16 16:09:40

Something tells me your friend will be back in contact the next time she fancies going out on the hunt again.

toadgirl Fri 05-Aug-16 16:10:11

No apology from the friend about her behaviour in leaving you high and dry then?

GarlicMistake Fri 05-Aug-16 16:32:13

There are lots of women - and men - whose only reason for going out with a same-sex pal is on the pull. It's not particularly nice behaviour, although it works if both friends are on the same page. She's probably embarrassed about being called out on it.

You've apologised for your bitchy remarks. Unless you want to go out on the prowl, it's probably best you don't have any more one-to-one nights out with her. Invite her along for group things - it'll probably blow over.

If it doesn't, she's too much hard work tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now