Talk

Advanced search

crying babies on buses

(113 Posts)
RosieWithTheGoodHair Thu 04-Aug-16 19:37:20

I know IABU but I HATE it. I dislike buses at the best of times but it drives me mad to be basically stuck in a small space with a crying child

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 04-Aug-16 19:39:48

I don't suppose anyone actually enjoys it. At least your time with the crying child is limited to the duration of the journey though.

Sorebigtoes Thu 04-Aug-16 19:39:50

Ummm... I don't suppose the parents enjoy it much either. What do you expect them to do? Here's my first ever biscuit

pegomassive1 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:40:07

I'm sure it's worse for the poor child to be stuck on the bus with a massive judgey pants like you
Yabu

Sorebigtoes Thu 04-Aug-16 19:40:09

Yup, YABU. Have a biscuit

Twowrongsdontmakearight Thu 04-Aug-16 19:40:29

Sorry. Sometimes people have places they have to be, with their baby. Not everyone can drive or afford a car. They have to go by bus. And babies do cry!

Sorebigtoes Thu 04-Aug-16 19:40:35

Oops, sorry for double post there.

Jezabella1 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:41:09

I loved it when my baby cried on the bus. I withheld milk, cuddles, dummy etc just to keep the feeling going hmm

DontBuyANewMumCashmere Thu 04-Aug-16 19:41:25

Get off and catch the next one?

Jezabella1 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:41:49

Oh, and biscuit

SaucyJack Thu 04-Aug-16 19:42:53

What's your endgame OP?

ATrumpIsAFartCalledDonald Thu 04-Aug-16 19:43:17

I can't get worked up about it tbh. What do you expect them to do?

Magikarp Thu 04-Aug-16 19:43:48

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

NeeNahh Thu 04-Aug-16 19:45:57

I don't think anyone enjoys the sound of a crying baby.

hazeyjane Thu 04-Aug-16 19:46:33

Its a bus. Its full of people. It is going to be noisy and possibly a bit smelly.

Kungfupandaworksout16 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:48:43

Give me ten crying babies on a bus any day over a child who is at a certain age who knows better who boots shit out the back of your chair for the entire journey, whilst their gormless parent smiles away not noticing me getting whiplash.

Smurfnoff Thu 04-Aug-16 19:50:12

What's all the biscuit crap about?

honkinghaddock Thu 04-Aug-16 19:51:50

Ds hurts himself when he hears crying babies but they are just a fact of life. If you can't bear the noise there are options ( unfortunately not tolerated by ds yet ) that you can try.

pegomassive1 Thu 04-Aug-16 19:52:52

Smurfnoff a biscuit is basically mn way of telling a goady fucker to get lost

NeedACleverNN Thu 04-Aug-16 19:53:05

No one likes hearing a baby cry on the bus.

In fact the parent hates it even more because they get judgy fuckers glaring at them expecting them to find the off switch on said baby.

Make sure next time you tell them where to locate it.

Topseyt Thu 04-Aug-16 19:54:22

You do realise that the parents don't enjoy it much either, don't you?

I used to let it wind me up many years ago. I told myself that no child of mine would ever cry in public like that. blush

Then, something revolutionary happened to me. I actually had a baby of my own. I had DD1 (now 21) and she soon disabused me of any such foolish notions, as did her two younger sisters when they were born in later years.

Now if I hear a baby crying on a bus, train, in the supermarket etc. I am just thankful that those years are now behind me (DD3 is now 14).

Yes, you are being unreasonable, but you have said that you know that.

pointlessperson Thu 04-Aug-16 19:55:31

Have a biscuit

riceuten Thu 04-Aug-16 19:56:38

Buses and trains are public spaces - crying babies are a fact of life - they are just tired, hungry, thirsty, bored, irritable, need their bum changing - or an combination of any or all of these. Sometimes something can be done about it, sometimes not (I had some redneck entitled parent change a baby's pooey bum on the table of the train in front of me - we were sat next to the toilets with a function changing table). Frankly, I would have been happier if the child continued to cry. Stick a pair of headphones on, move upstairs or downstairs or carriages, or catch the next one if it bothers you so much.

Lules Thu 04-Aug-16 19:57:15

Yes I specifically thought after a hard day at work I'd take my tired baby on a long bus journey for the sheer fun of it. Or maybe I just had to get home. Everyone on the bus was so incredibly kind though I thought I'd slipped into a parallel universe.

ArmySal Thu 04-Aug-16 19:57:21

Cool story.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now