Talk

Advanced search

To ask which adverts give you the rage?

(185 Posts)
ImOnMyTumbleTap Thu 04-Aug-16 13:47:14

So I'm watching the telly while DD --lies in her cot refusing to sleep--takes a nap and the Muller advert came on. The one about the winning gold for £50,000. There is something about that advert that just gives me the rage. I have to mute the telly and close my eyes until I predict it's over.

"I never won gold at the olympics but now I'm your Fairy GoodMuller, you can!" Argh!!!!

What adverts annoy my lovely Mumsnetters? Doesn't just have to be telly.

Floralnomad Thu 04-Aug-16 13:54:11

Which ones don't would be a shorter list but in particular at the moment the worse ones are : the diet chef one with the woman talking to her fatter self , the life insurance one with the dad and daughter , the Muller one with NS saying she's backing GB and anything by Macmillan .

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 04-Aug-16 13:54:47

Any perfume adverts, Secret Escapes and the terrifying Home Pride advert.

YesILikeItToo Thu 04-Aug-16 13:56:29

'you wouldn't steal a car' on a DVD I have paid money for in a legitimate shop. By the end of it, I'm usually up for a bit of petty larceny.

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 04-Aug-16 13:58:28

Homepride
Holy shit someone has actually rewritten it as a horror trailer!

StillStayingClassySanDiego Thu 04-Aug-16 13:59:18

Those prattish Tesco ones with Ruth Jones and Ben Miller, what were they thinking?

The Admiral Insurance one, diabolical!

There's one running at the moment with furry Aliens and the kid in a ball pool, don't know what it's advertising but My God, it's shite.

Any Coca Cola ad with women drooling over the fit bloke <boak>.

The Shakira toothpaste ad, fucking awful!

I'm sure there's more.

Shizzlestix Thu 04-Aug-16 13:59:19

The muller yogurt with Chris Akabussi? I'm appalled he agreed to stand there in a tutu and say 'I've never won gold at the Olympics'. Gives me major rage, along with that awful fake woman who always ends up with yogurt on her nose. Piss off, you fake cow!

Any advert with David Gandy, he just reminds me of Dean whatisface off Eastenders.

ATrumpIsAFartCalledDonald Thu 04-Aug-16 13:59:29

Not so much the rage but it always makes me a bit hmm when so called Hollywood actors turn up in ads about car insurance or broadband. I wonder if the money's dried up or something.

Nanny0gg Thu 04-Aug-16 14:00:26

All of the above plus the Wowcher ones because of the shocking grammar and the ones with the men twerking in shorts and high heels. Bleugh.

SquidgyRedBall Thu 04-Aug-16 14:00:50

That advert for a window company with the irritating guy who shouts 'you buy one, you get one free. I SAID YOU BUYYYYY ONE YOU GET ONE FREEEEEE. CALL xxxxx NOOOOOOOW'

It was on years ago and thought it had fucked off for good but I saw it the other day and instantly it gave me a twitchy eye

StorminaBcup Thu 04-Aug-16 14:02:00

The muller rice ad with the bear ("rice, rice baby"), every time I see it I cringe.

Any claim direct advert ("so stupid you fell over your own feet, sue someone for it"), and the direct-gov one with Kelly Brook driving a digger or whatever it is.

YY to perfume ads except the David Gandey one.

FloatyFlo Thu 04-Aug-16 14:04:04

We just have internet catch up TV now so avoid the majority of adverts thank god. However the Always one pisses me off. The one with the women playing football saying something like 'you think because I'm a woman I might crack under the pressure?' I don't know why but it gives me the rage.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Thu 04-Aug-16 14:04:43

Fearne Cotton being so confident about L'oreal hair colour she was happy to let random strangers choose her colour for her.

AS IF!

SexLubeAndAFishSlice Thu 04-Aug-16 14:06:05

Yes to Wowcher and Safestyle. Safestyle is the man with the sleeves and the slightly manic look in his eye isn't it?

101handbags Thu 04-Aug-16 14:08:50

The Scholl one with all the women screwing up their faces and saying 'Ouch!' to each other. Just put on flats. The Travelodge one with the puppets - I think they made the song/slogan this bad on purpose so people would remember it. The Meerkat adverts - they've had their day. And the Top Cat one with Rachel Jordache who still can't act very well.

Gramgram Thu 04-Aug-16 14:09:05

The Asda advert where some cook feeds half the town with two bags of shopping makes me growl.

ImOnMyTumbleTap Thu 04-Aug-16 14:11:06

Haha yeah, you could win a shopping trip with Fearne. No thanks! I can think of nothing worse.

I also hate the claims one with the irritating "chavvy" woman complaining about her eyebrows.

EssentialHummus Thu 04-Aug-16 14:12:01

Those prattish Tesco ones with Ruth Jones and Ben Miller, what were they thinking?

I came on to say this. They're all terrible. Why do they keep churning out new ones? The current one has them lost in a maze (??!).

SaniFlo is my personal bugbear. "Oh, you have such a lovely house." "Yes, but we've only got the one bathroom..." FGS. Not a conversation anyone, ever, would have with a good friend just after they'd moved house.

peppercold Thu 04-Aug-16 14:14:37

The new cillit bang one. Bring back Barry Scott! grin

Smurfnoff Thu 04-Aug-16 14:16:31

The IKEA one where the Grandad is flummoxed by a modern kitchen, but is eventually inspired to heat the soup in a wok, chop up chillies and serve it in glasses like some 60-something hipster. Only then does he find lunch in the fridge. Why didn't he look in the fridge in the first place? Why didn't his dozy daughter say 'lunch us in the fridge?'

The Weetabix Breakfast Drink advert. Apart from the fact that I can't think of anything more disgusting, why does he drink it when he's going to a morning meeting with free croissants?

Rachel's Organic Yoghurt - the 'hilarious' book club spoof where, instead of getting pissed on cheap Chablis, they all sit scoffing and enthusing about the new Greek style with honey. Get a life!

NobodyInParticular Thu 04-Aug-16 14:18:01

If this is real then shock

witchofzog Thu 04-Aug-16 14:20:37

Yes Smurnoffsmile The weetabix one. He is getting breakfast already smug little twunt.

And the diet coke one with the simpering woman wanting the traffic cop to handcuff her. She makes me really really angry

StorminaBcup Thu 04-Aug-16 14:20:52

Nobody shock that's terrible!

TheCrumpettyTree Thu 04-Aug-16 14:20:54

Fearne Cotton being so confident about L'oreal hair colour she was happy to let random strangers choose her colour for her.

AS IF!

Yes and the choice is blonde, blonde or blonde. Really pushing out the boat there Fearne.

NuggetofPurestGreen Thu 04-Aug-16 14:23:20

The fuckin haribo ones

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now