Talk

Advanced search

The car boot debate

(3 Posts)
Msqueen33 Wed 03-Aug-16 11:48:00

Dh is in finance. Very useful for saving money, knows how to make it work for us etc. Can be a bit tight (has got better but his mother and her sister are the same as is his wealthy brother). Anyway we've got two cars. I asked to use the smaller one as I'm taking our non verbal autistic three year old for blood tests and can't be bothered trying to park the bigger one in a tiny car parking space. Anyway as if that isn't stressful enough on my own he's emptied my entire boot into our dining room in our small house. Not because I need it no because it saves on fuel economy or some other ridiculous crap. There's now several coats, loads of wellies, carrier bags and all sorts in my dining room that I'm meant to put away. I keep it in the car as 1) we don't have loads of space and 2) so I don't keep putting them back in the car and one day forget. And no it wasn't a case of him thinking I needed it or that I could put it in the other car. AIBU? I'm raging and he gave me a scathing look when I said no a few coats will not make any difference to your fuel consumption.

FayaMAMA Wed 03-Aug-16 22:17:05

OH LORD, he sounds unbearable! I'm sure you love him dearly, but I just couldn't cope with that blush grin

You're not being unreasonable at all.

You really have to talk to him and make some compromises. If he refuses, then try communications counselling. Sorry for the negativity but the whole situation reeks of power play and a neurological need to 'save money' on his part.

I had an ex who wouldn't let me OPEN A WINDOW (or use Air con of course) in his car as it wasted fuel... It was torture driving anywhere in summer.

Hope the blood test goes ok!

ABloodyDifficultWoman Wed 03-Aug-16 22:20:24

Nope - I couldn't stand that. Ask him how much fuel that will save over the course of a year and then give him the money. Or smite him dead. Tough call.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now