To think I have solved the Mumsnet loo brush debate?

(48 Posts)
TremoloGreen Wed 03-Aug-16 11:16:30

Just got one of these. Been using it a week now and it's magic. Binned all the loo brushes and seriously thinking of ordering a second one! I promise I don't work for the company I just think this is great.

www.loogun.com

ceebie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:28:02

Hmm. Batteries are a problem for me though. We always seem to have hundreds, 95% of which don't work because some idiot DH has put half-used ones in with the new ones, which have fallen out of the packaging.

VioletBam Wed 03-Aug-16 11:30:26

How much? I just use a cloth which is binned...and a glove.

durezz Wed 03-Aug-16 11:32:01

Ooh nice. I went on to buy and the price has put me right off. I think I'll stick to toilet brushes until our situation improves..

allegretto Wed 03-Aug-16 11:32:38

I don't even use a glove. grin

bibbitybobbityyhat Wed 03-Aug-16 11:32:59

Yeah well I might be interested in principle but the idiot in charge of their marketing thought it would be a clever idea to stick a non-closable window demanding an email address in front of their blurb. So fuck 'em. Pillocks.

allegretto Wed 03-Aug-16 11:34:50

Bibbity - I don't get that.

apatheticfallacy Wed 03-Aug-16 11:35:16

If it only sprays when pointing down how do you clean under the rim?

BastardDailyMail Wed 03-Aug-16 11:39:06

Wouldn't that just end up spraying water back up onto itself - so yet another thing to have to clean.

dementedpixie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:40:47

Even by their own admission you still need something else to clean the toilet properly:

In terms of daily use, yes, the Loogun is a more pleasant solution for cleaning your toilet. Of course, when you do your weekly clean you will probably want to give the toilet a scrub with some bleach or another cleaning product, and you can use a cheap brush, or cloth, or steamer, for this. Depending on the type of water in your area, your weekly clean will also help prevent staining on your toilet.

By using the Loogun, when it's time for the weekly clean your toilet will be free of organic matter, so you won't end up with a disgusting brush covered in filth, and you can safely store your cleaning materials in the cleaning cupboard.

dementedpixie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:41:43

A bit of tissue works for getting organic matter off the toilet bowl and then you don't get crap on your toilet brush anyway

TheGruffaloMother Wed 03-Aug-16 11:42:36

Well it works (I imagine) on the submerged surfaces but it's not only submerged surfaces that the loo brush tackles.

handslikecowstits Wed 03-Aug-16 11:43:22

load of expensive rubbish.

dementedpixie Wed 03-Aug-16 11:44:13

You could use a nerf water gun instead grin

sparechange Wed 03-Aug-16 11:45:02

I posted a link to their kickstarter page when they were looking for funding to get it started! No one was particularly positive about it, but I'm glad they have managed to get it manufactured.

bobbymc Wed 03-Aug-16 11:45:18

Saw these at ideal home exhibition. Don't believe they really do work.

Nice idea but not for our 'usage' 😃

VioletBam Wed 03-Aug-16 11:46:28

OH and HELLO!

"Loo horrors lead Mums to love the Loogun"

angry

Because only MUMS clean the loo?

Fuck off Loogun.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 03-Aug-16 11:49:12

Fuck off Loogun.

gringrin

logosthecat Wed 03-Aug-16 11:49:47

If you clean the loo with a rubber glove, what do you do with the glove? Don't you just transfer the problem from brush to glove.

I'm now thinking of Spinal Tap 'SMELL THE GLOVE' in a whole new way.

BorpBorpBorp Wed 03-Aug-16 11:50:01

Easier to clean than a loo brush, I guess, but just as unnecessary.

Wipe off marks above water line with loo roll.
Bleach to remove marks below water line and keep bowl clean.
No troubles.

VioletBam Wed 03-Aug-16 11:51:17

Logos I use medical gloves...the thin sort...which I chuck away. I know it's not environmentally friendly but I don't clean the loo daily or anything.

ZippyNeedsFeeding Wed 03-Aug-16 12:07:11

I use MrZippy to clean the loo. He cost me a lot more than £34.99 but he washes himself afterwards and is multi-purpose since he also goes out to work, prepares food and does childcare. I believe he will also eventually biodegrade when his batteries finally drain.
Also, anything with "gun" in its name has the potential for my kids to turn it into a weapon. Trust me.

ishouldcocoa Wed 03-Aug-16 12:11:06

I'd like to see a quick video of it in action, but instead, I get this bloke going on about battery life... I gave up after less than 2 minutes.

It needs to be short, sharp and impressive! (The video, not the Loogun)

TremoloGreen Wed 03-Aug-16 12:15:03

Oh well, I'm pretty happy with it (small things) grin. It does work above and below the water line.

Also I think mine does spray up. It was an early prototype. I haven't seen any of the marketing, I signed up at the ideal hime show while they were still in the development stage.

I'm actually thinking of replacing our loo with a twyford rimless one when we finally get the bathroom done (whole new thread derail)

VioletBam Wed 03-Aug-16 12:35:52

If you're high pressure spraying water at a shitty loo, then isn't there tiny particles of shit water being sprayed all over the room?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now