Talk

Advanced search

to report these boys to hotel security?

(4 Posts)
bonnie1981 Tue 02-Aug-16 22:31:13

Currently on holiday in Spain. On the ground floor of hotel is kids club, shop, and a bar that leads out to the pool.. You can sit in this open space looking upwards where you can see the corridors of each floor, and all the doors.

We are sitting in the bar area, indoors, reading our books, when a large group of boys ranging in age from about 10 to 15 start kicking a football around, banging off chairs and trying to kick the ball so that it lands in upper corridors. Then some go upstairs to throw the ball from 4 or 5 floors up. IMO similar to a brick if it hit a child's head.

It's not a soft ball, it's a proper football.

They are shouting etc. lots of people around, no one bothering. A dad eventually comes and joins in with the game?

I report to security. Boys try to evade security and I have to direct security, drawing attention to us in DHs opinion so he's not happy in case we are challenged by the parents (who are too busy getting drunk to care)

Aibu? Should I not have interfered?

PurpleWithRed Tue 02-Aug-16 22:34:25

Yanbu. The kids are spoiling the evening for everyone and should have been stopped by security before you intervened.

StillStayingClassySanDiego Tue 02-Aug-16 22:36:00

They're being a pain in the arse who needed to be told to stop being dickheads.

You were right to sort it.

MummyBex1985 Tue 02-Aug-16 22:48:29

Absolutely sort it! YANBU. Inconsiderate dickheads in hotels massively piss me off!

We nearly evicted the teens next to us on our last holiday. Turns out they had a room alone whilst their parents had a room down the corridor. The hotel got a dad a camp bed and told him he had to stay with them or they'd be kicked out for their behaviour. Didn't hear a peep after that grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now