Talk

Advanced search

Accepted one job but now have another job interview !

(4 Posts)
2coldinscotland Tue 02-Aug-16 16:28:51

Hi, I have been a SAHM for 8 years. Now is the time to return to employment. Accepted job offer which is fine but not ideal . Have just received another invitation to interview . The recruitment process has taken 4 weeks so far. aibu to go for interview ? What if I'm offered this second job? What is the etiquette? Original company would then have to interview again & wait a further 6 weeks (this is how long process has taken)

Creampastry Tue 02-Aug-16 16:29:46

When is your start date for new job, and when would interview be? If you have a gap, go for it!!

molyholy Tue 02-Aug-16 16:33:14

Go for it!! I'm sure the original people who offered you the job will have had a 2nd choice so don't worry about that. Nothing to lose by attending the interview! Go you!!!!

Salmotrutta Tue 02-Aug-16 16:35:20

What cream said.

If you can go to the second interview before you start formal paperwork etc. for job you accepted then that's fine.

Only a word of caution - if both jobs are in the same "field" such as teaching, law or whatever then it's a small world and word travels about candidates.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now