Talk

Advanced search

To think daughter should have a proper bed?

(7 Posts)
lightshaddows Tue 02-Aug-16 13:44:11

My exh moved a year ago, put all his stuff in storage. Since then my daughter sleeps on a blow up mattress. This has been OK given that she tends to be there max 3 nights and I have been willing to give him time to sort stuff out. But it's been a year, she stays for 5 nights during summer hols and hates sleeping on a blow up mattress that deflates over night. She has a medical condition which means she gets sore joints. I emailed ex last week to say she had mentioned the bed again.... She is staying there now.... On a blow up mattress again. Am I being unreasonable to think a year is long enough to get a bed out of storage?

Essexgirl94 Tue 02-Aug-16 13:47:53

YANBU
A year is more that enough! Especially with her staying 5 nights!

Birdsgottafly Tue 02-Aug-16 13:48:33

A Parent should meet their child's basic needs, he isn't doing that.

He can't argue against this, he hasn't got an argument to put forward.

lightshaddows Tue 02-Aug-16 13:50:33

I meant to add, that in the spirit of not kicking up a shit storm... (She is meant to be staying again at the end of August) how can I suggest he gets her bed back to sleep in or perhaps she shouldn't stay

YouSay Tue 02-Aug-16 13:52:48

What age is dd? Can she tell him that she does not want to sleep in his house until he gets her a bed?

lightshaddows Tue 02-Aug-16 13:55:39

She's ten. Has told him she wants a bed. Not sure what answer she was given as she's still there. She doesn't deal with difficult situations very well so is unlikely to talk to him again, which is why I emailed him about it. Trouble is, he doesn't acknowledge issues. I don't even get a reply

PresidentOliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Tue 02-Aug-16 20:52:30

duplicated thread

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now