Amazon searching/filtering - grrrr

(3 Posts)
LurkingHusband Tue 02-Aug-16 12:25:20

Trying to find a kitchen bin that has 2 compartments - main waste and bottles/tins/plastic (paper waste already has its own bin elsewhere).

Due to various reasons, it needs to be as slim as possible. Currently we have a SimpleHuman bin which is 19cm slim - that's the deepest we can fit (wheelchair needs to get around).

Now, generally, I am a massive Amazon fan - have been for years. But one thing which can send me off into a red mist is their ... interesting choice of applying filters to the (usually huge) list of matching items. In this case the complete inability to specify dimensions.

Googling "Slim recycling bins" reveals that Tesco, Argos, Homebase and Lakeland are just as pants sad.

oh well, that's todays rant. I feel better now smile.

I have several emails from Amazon customer service thanking me for my suggestions (well, the polite ones grin). But they've had 16 years and not fixed it, so I'm not holding my breath ...

(What they really need is to run IBMs "Watson" over their catalogue ... now there's a decent search engine. It actually understands the question, rather than spit back keywords based around what you typed.)

NeverPromisedYouARoseGarden Tue 02-Aug-16 13:36:00

19cm wide or deep? 19cm deep is tiny. I'm throwing in these suggestions in case you mean 19 inches deep. Sorry if it enrages you further! On the plus side SimpleHuman give lovely detailed info on dimensions. This and this.

LurkingHusband Tue 02-Aug-16 13:48:45

Thanks for that ...

19cm from the wall (not floor !) - so wide ...

Possibly the 10L version could do ... however given there's no need for the bins to be combined, we've started thinking about using our current bin for recycling, and just getting a smaller individual bin for waste. as long as they are both in the kitchen, and to hand near the sink/workarea ...

If you want to "enrage me further", start commenting that Amazon lets you filter on price - that's a journey through the rabbit hole !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now