To be angry?

(9 Posts)
LumpenMonkee Tue 02-Aug-16 11:41:15

Essentially my best friend at university's loser boyfriend moved in to our 2 lovely bed in our final year, and stayed for three months non-stop. They didn't bother to look for alternative accommodation for him/half-heartedly went to a few house viewings and basucally took the piss. He then found somewhere cheap and crappy but still would cook, shower, watch tv at ours... I did try multiple times to approach this but she developed a really thick skin and because it worked for her, seemed pretty happy all round. (I wasn't!)

Since then, they have parted ways but are still in touch. I have since found out that he's bought a fucking flat!

RubbleBubble00 Tue 02-Aug-16 11:43:04

No pont in being angry now. You should have sat them both down at the time and given it to them straight

LumpenMonkee Tue 02-Aug-16 11:43:14

Aibu to pretty fed up? He was working a crappy job so couldn't afford to contribute, pay bills, go out the house much (so I was subsiding a 30 year old man on my student loan...) but all of a sudden he can afford a flat. Urgh.

acasualobserver Tue 02-Aug-16 11:43:41

Spilt milk and all that.

LumpenMonkee Tue 02-Aug-16 11:44:17

I did! I did multiple times, I'm very polite and very tolerant so it takes a lot. I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt and they kept taking more and more, which I think makes it worse, when you trust someone! Then I snapped.

LumpenMonkee Tue 02-Aug-16 11:44:49

Well, what else could/should I have done?

shinynewusername Tue 02-Aug-16 11:48:03

Been there, done that. In my case, the bf then asked if a mate of his could come and kip on our sofa hmm That was a big fat no but we still ended up with the bf living with us for months and contributing nothing.

No point being angry about it now though and karma may get them in the end. The flatmate who inflicted him on us has been duly punished by marrying the bf, who is still a lazy tosser who never lifts a finger around the house.

acasualobserver Tue 02-Aug-16 11:50:27

Well, what else could/should I have done?

Pointless question. It's better to ask what would make you happy now. Anything?

LumpenMonkee Tue 02-Aug-16 11:51:32

I hope karma does its work. She dumped him just after he moved out. I consoled her through that. I'm too nice!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now