Talk

Advanced search

To feel like I'm missing out being in a relationship

(6 Posts)
Iknowimbeingunreasonableanyway Mon 01-Aug-16 22:12:42

This is the first time I'm actually admitting this to myself and I feel like the worst person ever.
These past maybe 6 months I've been feeling like I've been missing out, I've started daydreaming about being single and listening to my single friends talk about dates and meeting new people has started to make me feel a pang of jealousy.

Dp and I have been together two years, and I know if he felt this way I would be devastated and probably wouldn't want to be with him anymore but I still find myself thinking about this a lot.
I know I'm awful. I know he deserves so much better but the thought of not having him in my life is unthinkable, I've never laughed as much with anyone as I do with him, he's the best friend I've ever had.

There was a 6 month period just before we met and after a previous long term relationship that I spent 'playing the field' it was so exciting and I have such fond memories of it.
I would never ever cheat on him but I really can't shake this feeling,

I feel like such a bitch.

Givenuponstarbucks Mon 01-Aug-16 22:54:43

Grass is always greener. Your friends may well want what you have.

Monkendrunky Mon 01-Aug-16 22:56:28

Was it exciting though? Rose tinted perhaps?

TheNaze73 Mon 01-Aug-16 23:01:21

If you're not in it, get out. Life's too short

Lorelei76 Mon 01-Aug-16 23:23:32

Sounds like you have a decision to make
I ended my last LTR because I'm always much happier single
It took me time to lean that
I don't play the field but some people like to, that's fine
Just be honest with all involved

I think there's a lot of pressure to couple up
I know a guy who has been married more than once, he's good looking, well off, plays the field with younger women, all of whom of know what they're getting because that's the whole fun of dating that guy, right? Rich, fun, no commitment all clear up front. Kind of like dating Charlie Harper, only a crazy person would take it seriously

Periodically he gets told he "should" commit to another relationship
Some people just find it hard to accept anything other than ?Noah's Ark

Just saying that in case you are feeling societal pressure as well
Maybe you're a Samantha Jones?

hazeimcgee Mon 01-Aug-16 23:34:49

Think you need to have a good old think about what you want

Do you actually want to be out meeting other men and having sex with them? If so, walk away now

Do you want spontaneity and crazy sex and nights out with your gf's til 3 am? Talk to OH and do something about it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now