Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit worried about this back pain

(5 Posts)
BagPusscatnip Mon 01-Aug-16 15:13:33

I've never really suffered with back pain but recently I've had a dull ache, like I've been winded, in the middle of my back (right in the centre and lower than my shoulder blades). Could I have pulled a muscle? Or something different? I've got two DDs 4 and 2 who are heavy and who I have to lift sometimes - could this be it?

I had a stomach ulcer when DD2 was a few weeks old caused by pain killers after my c section. The pain in my back almost feels like that, but then not accompanied by any of the other symptoms in my stomach - and no where near as excruciating, so I don't think it could be that.

Sorry I'm rambling but does anyone have any thoughts or advice?

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 01-Aug-16 15:15:38

A complete guess but perhaps it could be referred pain? How old is dd2? Could it be from carrying her?

HoratioNightboy Mon 01-Aug-16 15:15:38

Um, visit your doctor?

Salmotrutta Mon 01-Aug-16 15:19:02

How long has it been going on?

Is it all the time or intermittent?

Certainly lifting can hurt your back but I'd expect that to be lower down in the small of the back?

Gall bladder?

If it persists you should really see your GP as diagnosing over a forum isn't ideal! smile

BagPusscatnip Mon 01-Aug-16 15:35:55

Thanks all. I realise that diagnosis online (in any form) isn't ideal, but I was just putting it out there in case anyone can allay my fears. It's been going on probably for a couple of weeks but some times are worse than others.

I don't think it's referred pain because DD2 is 3 in November. I am wondering if it could be my gallbladder. I will make an appointment with the doctor.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now