Talk

Advanced search

Is this a cop-out?

(9 Posts)
SunkenDrunky Mon 01-Aug-16 14:55:52

Been sent form for new job which is in style of interview, some serious questions and some silly questions. I'm assuming it will be sent round department when I start to introduce me to new colleagues.

One of the questions is "what is your greatest achievement"? There are a few things I guess I can tailor to this but still a bit stumped. I have signed up to run a half marathon in October though despite being allergic to exercise (!) and currently am proud of myself for sticking to a training schedule and hoping that that will become my greatest achievement thus far?! Of course other people have run many marathons but for me this would be something big.

It is an academic city type role so lots of very talented people btw. Academic achievements won't cut it I don't think. I do have other charity/voluntary achievements and also have lived abroad learning languages and have been a tutor... So could use these as well.

Would the half marathon one be a cop-out given I haven't done it yet?

VioletBam Mon 01-Aug-16 15:06:18

Well what IS your greatest achievement? You know the answer to that. What are you most proud of?

flumpybear Mon 01-Aug-16 15:08:25

What about after 15 tequila slammers you're still standing!!!
Or the marathon thing hmm

SunkenDrunky Mon 01-Aug-16 15:09:25

Haha about the marathon wink

Not my tolerance to alcohol!

TheGruffaloMother Mon 01-Aug-16 15:10:17

I wouldn't say a marathon you haven't actually run really flies. Why don't you think an academic achievement is ok?

Chocoholicmonster Mon 01-Aug-16 15:11:45

I think from reading your list the thing that 'impressed' me the most & sounds the most interesting that I'd want to engage in conversation about is the living abroad, learning other languages & tutoring. But as someone else has said, only you know your biggest achievement.

LurkingHusband Mon 01-Aug-16 15:13:00

Any children ?

SunkenDrunky Mon 01-Aug-16 15:13:23

No no children yet!

myownprivateidaho Mon 01-Aug-16 15:17:43

Agree academic achievement is no good but neither is a race you havent run, sorry. Also it doesnt sound good if you make it sound like sticking to somethi g is unusual for you! Living abroad is a good one, or something to do with helping others -- if one of your tutees did well in an exam against all the odds or something.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now