Talk

Advanced search

Advanced Drivers - aaaaaaaaagh!

(10 Posts)
lookluv Mon 01-Aug-16 00:12:52

Am angry with my self for rising to the bait but:

Car pulled our from left hand side road, causing me to slam brakes on, ABS activated. I was travelling at approx 20 mph, still in second gear when braked.

We both endup pulling into same car park. He stands by his car and glares at me as I walk by. Whilst I know I shouldn;t have, I did - I said next time you pull out can you look first please.

The first thing he said was - I am an Advanced Driver and have passed the advanced Driving test I will have you know.

AIBU to think that as soon as someone says that you know they are a jerk!!!

WorraLiberty Mon 01-Aug-16 00:16:02

Yeah he was a wanker.

I think your thread title is very misleading though!

MrsJoeyMaynard Mon 01-Aug-16 00:18:30

If he's routinely pulling out onto main roads without looking properly then maybe he needs to redo the Advanced Driving course.

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 01-Aug-16 00:20:23

Surprised you could get ABS to activate at 20 mph.
But he sounds full of his own smuggery.

lookluv Mon 01-Aug-16 00:26:32

Well the ABS light flashed on the dash and the car juddered, so I assumed that meant that it had activated- I really had to brake hard, had nowhere to go - narrow lane.

GiddyOnZackHunt Mon 01-Aug-16 01:02:23

Was it raining? Just seems hard to comprehend how you could generate the conditions for needing ABS at 20mph, notice it and come to a stop within what? 40 yards?
The only time I ever had ABS activate was at 70 on the motorway in the rain and I've had to slam the brakes on at low speed due to oblivious twats many times. We have the incredible invisible roundabout near out house smile
I'm not saying the man was anything but wrong, just surprised at the ABS.

Rumpelstiltskin143 Mon 01-Aug-16 01:09:38

Good God Giddy, how to totally throw off the thread. Answer her bloody concerns instead of nitpicking ABS, or are you an "advanced driver" too.

ImissGrannyW Mon 01-Aug-16 01:30:26

My Ddad was a petrol head, and for one birthday got a present at a racetrack to do a "skid school" (they [safely] provide situations where your car can go into a skid and teach you how to safely come out of it) and for another birthday got a taster first "advance driver" lesson (with the promise he could do the rest if he wanted to keep going with it) and he said after the first lesson that some of things they were saying directly contradicted what they'd taught him at the 'skid school' (which he absolutely loved), so he thought the advanced driving thing was a waste of time and money.

(miss him every day. sad)

MaryDoloresOHoolihan Mon 01-Aug-16 01:42:38

IMiss flowers

Pearlman Mon 01-Aug-16 08:17:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now