To think that if you don't want to get wet..

(23 Posts)
ThisUsernameIsAvailable Sun 31-Jul-16 22:07:28

You don't sit next to the swimming pool. hmm
Then sit complaining that the children playing in the pool that you are sitting less than a meter away from are splashing you?

WonkoTheSane42 Sun 31-Jul-16 22:08:35

I assumed this was going to say "don't look at pictures of shirtless Daniel Craig."

PurpleDaisies Sun 31-Jul-16 22:08:52

Were the children deliberately splashing?

SaucyJack Sun 31-Jul-16 22:08:58

Depends if you're the lifeguard I s'pose?

WorraLiberty Sun 31-Jul-16 22:09:07

Did you post too soon?

Who are you talking about?

Mummyme1987 Sun 31-Jul-16 22:10:28

You sit 1m from the pool you get wet. Simples.

BillyNotQuiteNoMates Sun 31-Jul-16 22:11:02

I suppose it depends on whether there is a better alternative for either party. On holiday, I've been to hotels with a play pool and a swimming pool, with not much seating space. I'd be a bit put out, if I was sitting in the best place I could while kids were deliberately splashing in the swimming pool, rather than using the play pool. Consideration on both sides. Seems to be a lost cause.

Mummyme1987 Sun 31-Jul-16 22:11:07

Hardly brain surgery to move further away if you don't want to get splashed!

SalemSaberhagen Sun 31-Jul-16 22:21:35

Obviously people sitting around the pool and complaining worra. confused

YANBU OP. Don't sit next to a pool if you don't want to be splashed. It's not rocket science.

Bailey101 Sun 31-Jul-16 23:38:39

Wonko 😂😂

WorraLiberty Sun 31-Jul-16 23:45:59

Well it's not really obvious Salem confused

I was expecting a bit more context, otherwise the answer to the OP's question is a bit of a no brainer.

KC225 Mon 01-Aug-16 02:01:53

Hahaha wonko

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Mon 01-Aug-16 02:44:19

Were the children splashing on purpose.
Yes I suppose they were. It's what children do in water. Play splash get over excited.

AnnaMarlowe Mon 01-Aug-16 02:58:05

Last year we got tutted by an English couple sitting in sun loungers right next to the pool the water flume finishes in.

they got really wet when DS and DH landed

I was a bit open mouthed at their annoyance (there were loads of other places to sit) but before I could to decided whether to apologise or not the immediate laughter of all the French families nearby had them stomping off.

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Aug-16 09:41:52

Yes I suppose they were. It's what children do in water. Play splash get over excited.

I meant were they splashing the person on purpose? If it was a big pool I don't see why their parents couldn't have asked them to move further away from people sitting down.

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Mon 01-Aug-16 09:47:45

I'm imagining sun loungers all round the pool. There's probably no place to move that don't have people sitting on the poolside.

The moaners probably rushed out to claim the prime spot next to the pool, and clearly haven't thought it through.

elodie2000 Mon 01-Aug-16 09:50:57

What purple said.
If there are people sat at side of the pool it's not ok to splash right in front of them! Move to another part of the pool!
When did Pool = Priority given to overexcited children?
What about everyone else in the pool? Were the children making it miserable for everyone?

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Aug-16 09:58:02

There's probably no place to move that don't have people sitting on the poolside.

How about towards the middle of the pool?

elodie2000 Mon 01-Aug-16 10:13:05

This has (maybe wrongly) made me think of 'entitled family' on our last holiday!
M&D of over excited tweenagers sat by for 2 days whilst their noisy DC splashed, dive bombed & monopolised a big pool at the resort.
Others couldn't go anywhere in the pool without hearing them shouting/ calling each other or being 'surprised' by one of them jumping in right next to them.
Day 3 and sulky teenagers were sitting miserably on sun loungers, didn't once go in pool!
I don't know if their parents had finally seen the light or if resort staff had put an end to it!

StepAwayFromTheThesaurus Mon 01-Aug-16 12:50:22

It's probably too deep to stand in the middle of the pool.

Don't sit right next to the pool if you don't like water. These are always the first seats taken so it's not a case of coming along and there bring nowhere else. People who choose to sit right next to the pool will have to put up with water play nearby.

PurpleDaisies Mon 01-Aug-16 12:54:21

It's probably too deep to stand in the middle of the pool.

You got this from the op how? The age of the children isn't mentioned. The type of pool isn't mentioned.

It isn't unreasonable to expect that children playing so they deliberately splash spectators are told to stop, just as children who are absolutely screaming their heads off are told to stop. Public pools are there for everyone to use considerately, not exclusively for children to do whatever they want in.

lljkk Mon 01-Aug-16 12:56:59

Since when do folk sitting right next to the pool have the right to insist that it should be a staid calm recreational area only (suitable only for the boring).
Kids have to restrain selves so much in so many places: school, shops, restaurants, church, doctor's office. Now add the pool to that list? confused

But what do I know, sitting poolside just because you want to sit poolside (not because you want to swim, or get wet, or mind somebody in the pool, or it's the only place within 10 minutes walk where you can sit in the sun) sounds extremely boring. I can't fathom the appeal of why they are there.

daftbesom Mon 01-Aug-16 13:00:07

blush this has reminded me of the time on holiday a teenage me and younger DB managed to knock over the drink of an elderly German chap through injudicious beach-ball activity in the pool.

We were mortified and ran to our parents [ahem not by the poolside] for money to buy him another drink but he absolutely refused and couldn't have been nicer about it. What a gent. And what pains we must have been.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now