Talk

Advanced search

To ring my neighbour's doorbell every time his friends ring mine?

(30 Posts)
SwearyGodmother Sat 30-Jul-16 20:54:58

My skanky downstairs neighbour is dealing drugs. He's on unconditional bail for intent to supply class a, b & c and the trial is in the autumn. We had a drugs house closure order so he was locked out from January to April (he owns his flat) as all of last year we were woken up all hours of the night from people wanting sex and drugs. He was on best behaviour when he first got back but now his friends are calling all the time - last Sunday at 6:50am, just now this evening, last Tuesday at 8am. No middle of the night calls yet, but last year it was at least one a week between 2-4am.

WIBU to go downstairs and tell him off every time one of his fucking friends/customers interrupts me? I think shouting at him in my pyjamas whilst not dignified might make me feel less impotent.

FoofFighter Sat 30-Jul-16 20:56:30

Have you reported?

mrsfuzzy Sat 30-Jul-16 20:58:53

better to speak to him when your actually dressed and not ready for bed, some visitors might get the wrong idea ! grin i wouldn't be downstairs every five minute though, it sounds though as if the message is getting through though. if you are being threatened/harrassed though be these people i'd phone the police.

ImperialBlether Sat 30-Jul-16 21:01:14

I'd just phone the police, OP. He's hardly seen the error of his ways, has he?

SaucyJack Sat 30-Jul-16 21:04:25

Is there a sensible reason why they're ringing your bell instead of his? I.E are they not clearly marked?

You could go and have a word and explain the situation. Most dealers will go out of their way not to draw attention to themselves.

SwearyGodmother Sat 30-Jul-16 21:05:59

The police are just resting on their heels until the court case. It's so bloody annoying. I appreciate there are other things that need their attention and they at least know where he is but its so disruptive.

I think they'd be terrified by a half dressed woman rather than get the wrong idea. I'm really not the right demographic for anyone to get excited.

I'm so fucked off - we had 2 years of this before the closure order and it's getting worse again. He might go to prison in October but who knows who he'll let the flat to. I'm sick of people ringing my bell and as soon as I answer being told it's the wrong number.

I thought I was being reasonable not suggesting that I burn the flat down!

SwearyGodmother Sat 30-Jul-16 21:07:57

The bells are clearly marked - and our gate has a keypad where they're misdialling (we get calls from both the front gate and the doorbells) - and they just don't care. It's so annoying.

Alanna1 Sat 30-Jul-16 21:08:25

I'd take the batteries out of your doorbell / remove it / turn the sound off in your flat etc at night. Friends have your mobile number and the postman rarely rings....?

bungmean Sat 30-Jul-16 21:08:42

I would go down to the front door and put a big sign next to his doorbell marked "Get your illegal drugs here, but don't tell anyone as I'm on bail for possession with intent to supply", and put another next to your doorbell saying "No, we don't have any cocaine, heroin, ecstacy or hash at this flat."

Beezles Sat 30-Jul-16 21:16:35

Mount a clearly visible CCTV camera pointed towards door..?

MadamDeathstare Sat 30-Jul-16 21:23:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

suspiciousofgoldfish Sat 30-Jul-16 21:32:31

Who are the punters wanting sex from? Him?

Any drug dealer worth their salt will supply at unsocial hours IME, so at least he seems to be sparing you of the 2am calls.

But seriously, it does sound annoying. The PPs idea of a polite notice on the
Door is good.

'All deliveries - please leave in porch.
Anyone looking to buy drugs, kindly knock at number 1 where someone will be happy to help you.'

Aworldofmyown Sat 30-Jul-16 21:43:36

I would put a sign on your door that says:

I DO NOT SELL DRUGS
NOW FUCK OFF!
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Then get one of those buzzer doorbell thingys.

SwearyGodmother Sat 30-Jul-16 21:51:13

We can't disconnect the bell unfortunately - the front gate comes through to our landline and if we leave the entry phone off the hook then we hear all the noises from outside all night.

We have CCTV and it doesn't stop them. And we get them all hours of the night - before Christmas it was the small hours of the morning practically every night. Wankers.

The sex is from him and other customers. They have chemsex parties, which I learned some of the sordid details of at the closure hearing in January.

I just thought it had stopped and it has started up again. I want to inconvenience him as much as he inconveniences me. Not that I will because I'm not silly enough to engage them, but fucking hell it would be nice to shout and stamp my feet and take pictures of the punters every time I'm disturbed.

RepentAtLeisure Sat 30-Jul-16 21:52:37

Yes, just see if you can disconnect it. If there's a court case looming I wouldn't waste the energy on a row.

bloomburger Sat 30-Jul-16 21:54:23

Take photos of everyone of them. Might scare them thinking you going to expose them or pass pictures to police.

BlackeyedSusan Sat 30-Jul-16 21:56:24

ring the police everytime you suspect he is dealing drugs?

we had neighbours who smoked drugs... constant reports form various neighbours eventually got them to do something.

BlackVelvet1 Sat 30-Jul-16 22:02:15

You can sometimes disconnect the bell by removing the handset by the clip at the base of the cable.

queenofthepirates Sat 30-Jul-16 22:16:44

Get a Neighbourhood Watch sign and put it large next to the door?

RubbishMantra Sat 30-Jul-16 22:18:58

I think the get your illegal substances at number ---> X is the way to go. As long as he's not a scary type.

And taking photographs of his customers is a good idea. Make sure they see you taking snaps of them.

I don't think having a word with the police is a bad idea - part of his bail conditions will be that he doesn't re-offend.

Wauden Sat 30-Jul-16 22:20:14

Install a motion sensor light, a really bright one, and lots of fake CCTV cameras and a sign saying 'if you want to destroy your body with poison, try the other bell.'

SaucyJack Sat 30-Jul-16 22:23:22

Alternatively you could make up loads of little baggies of icing sugar and hand them over for £50 a time?

Lorelei76 Sat 30-Jul-16 22:28:22

Is there a management company for this block?

Can you go higher up the chain with the police?

I wouldn't approach him or his customers.

BeckyMcDonald Sat 30-Jul-16 22:31:21

But have you reported the latest goings-on to the police? He'll be in breach of his bail conditions and will be brought back to court if the police can catch him. I'd be phoning the olive every single time someone rocks up for a fix.

peppersaunt Sat 30-Jul-16 22:31:53

We lived below a drug dealer. For every mistaken 2a.m. buzz we'd return the buzz when we woke up for work!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now