Talk

Advanced search

Push bikes in supermarkets ...

(19 Posts)
LurkingHusband Sat 30-Jul-16 13:33:42

one up from heelies !

Just got back from Sainsburys, where MrsLH (on little power scooter) had to dodge a 5-6 year old boy on a two-wheel bike. Cycling up and down the aisles shock

Yes, we did judge ...

KingJoffreyLikesJaffaCakes Sat 30-Jul-16 13:36:29

Was he wearing a helmet?

Salmotrutta Sat 30-Jul-16 13:51:09

By power scooter do you mean one of those things kids scoot around on?

And your wife was on it?

RedHareWithBlondeHair Sat 30-Jul-16 13:56:38

Riding a bike in a supermarket is a new one! Clearly not acceptable.

But your wife was on a power scooter? What was this, some sort of Sainsbury's sponsored fun cycle?

SwissWank Sat 30-Jul-16 13:57:09

Clearly means

SwissWank Sat 30-Jul-16 13:57:59

www.google.co.uk/search?q=power+scooter&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi0vcixnpvOAhXCKMAKHRs1CGYQ_AUICSgC&biw=1366&bih=661

For example.

SwissWank Sat 30-Jul-16 13:58:15

Also yanu OP.

ivykaty44 Sat 30-Jul-16 13:59:29

Did you offer DC s race?

NeedACleverNN Sat 30-Jul-16 14:08:05

I have actually seen children using push bikes in the supermarket. I was so shocked I actually stood there watching for a few moments

ShtoppenDerFloppen Sat 30-Jul-16 14:10:38

It boggles me that the store allows it - they hold the liability for "accidents" in the store.

Too afraid to confront the parents, perhaps?

Salmotrutta Sat 30-Jul-16 14:12:52

Sorry Lurking - I didn't realise a power scooter was a mobility scooter.

blush

slanleat Sat 30-Jul-16 14:13:21

I work in retail, and we see kids on bikes a lot. The really small kids on trikes pushed along by parents (via a pole if you follow me) I don't have much of an issue with - it's almost like they are in a buggy of sorts.

But - the bigger kids on 2 wheelers ? Or on scooters. Once I even had to tell a young adult (of about 23) to get off his hoverboard in the shop.

Salmotrutta Sat 30-Jul-16 14:15:42

If I saw a kid on a bike in the supermarket (or any shop) I think I'd complain.

That's an accident waiting to happen.

I also hate kids scooting about on scooters when they aren't in the park or other appropriate place.

But then I'm a grumpy baggage.

Mummyme1987 Sat 30-Jul-16 14:17:58

I use the shop's powered scooters if I go to the supermarket, it's hard enough not to run people over without some kid on a bike.

RedHareWithBlondeHair Sat 30-Jul-16 14:20:22

Was there a collision? Did the staff not do anything? My local Sainsbury's is heaving with people on Saturday afternoons, it wouldn't be possible for a child to have free reign over the isles on a bicycle.

snowgirl29 Sat 30-Jul-16 14:44:12

Not surprising. Our Tescos now has signs all over about not cycling in store.

I once saw some parents letting their kids have free reign around a freezer shop on scooters, both Mum & Dad thought it was endearing until a shopworker pointed out the Health and Safety aspect of it! As if some parents needed that pointed out! confused

TheNaze73 Sat 30-Jul-16 15:57:27

I bet it was like Daytona in there

YANBU

steff13 Sat 30-Jul-16 16:01:37

I can't believe the stores allow that. They don't here. No Heelies (if kids are skating around on them), no scooters, and certainly no bikes in the stores.

LurkingHusband Sat 30-Jul-16 17:16:47

I can't believe the stores allow that. They don't here. No Heelies (if kids are skating around on them), no scooters, and certainly no bikes in the stores.

That should be the case, but if the security staff aren't doing their job .... Heelies are endemic if not ubiquitous. Only last week we had to put up with a little angel heelying around Starbucks. Presumably the new "thing" for iced coffee makes it much less risky ?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now