To ask for your help with food

(5 Posts)
Struggler83 Sat 30-Jul-16 08:46:24

Shamelessly posting for traffic!

I just got diagnosed with GD at 27 weeks. My diet is ok and I love to cook but obviously I need to make some changes.

I work away from home 3-4 days a week with no access to cooking facilities while I'm there. So I end up eating out a lot (but it's a small town, not in the UK, and there are no healthy options) or eating cereal for dinner, and snacking a lot.

So, I need to get organized, and start cooking a few things on Sundays to take with me for the week. But I'm having a total brain blank. So, please give me some ideas, of healthy, protein-heavy meals that I can cook in advance, transport easily in a cool bag, and will keep for a few days in the fridge.

I don't have a slow cooker (plus it's BOILING where I live so I don't want heavy slow cooker type meals) but otherwise all suggestions welcome smile

And....go!

chickenowner Sat 30-Jul-16 09:02:08

Chickpea curry

Ratatouille

Spiced lentils

Paprika chicken (I use a Hairy Bikers recipe)

Tuna/chicken/hard boiled egg salad

I cook a big batch meal at the weekend which I then eat for 2 of 3 days during the week. I also bake something like banana bread which I can slice up and eat for breakfast with some fruit.

Struggler83 Sat 30-Jul-16 09:16:07

Ooh yes some great ideas, thanks. I'm a big fan of pulses so chickpeas and lentils are perfect.

Would banana bread be ok? Not too high in sugar? I've ready really contradictory things about bananas and GD.

chickenowner Sat 30-Jul-16 09:18:32

I have the Deliciously Ella recipe book and I make her courgette banana loaf - no refined sugar or added oil/fat, and just a little maple syrup. It's lovely! I also make her carrot cake muffins.

chickenowner Sat 30-Jul-16 09:20:04

PS I'm not a medical expert, and don't know much about GD, so please check elsewhere as well as listening to my ideas!!! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now