AIBU?

(3 Posts)
Roselondon Fri 29-Jul-16 13:54:01

So recently I had my Birthday!
I am adopted and every time I have a birthday I often wonder if my Birth parents think of me? more so my birth mum as I am not sure my birth father even knows about me.
but every birthday I think does she think of me?
My adopted family are very dismissive and wont even entertain any speak of her, they just cut me dead. I sort have always felt like I have been treated differently like not been invited to family stuff because in their eyes I am not family, but oddly enough one of the members who did not invite me to a wedding are now going down the adoption route after finding out they cannot have children!
My adoptive parents have natural children and in some ways I have always been made to feel like I am not one of them.
Anyway for my birthday my friend and I had an email reading and the lady told me that my birth mother thinks of me (I never said i was adopted)
AIBU to want to know more about her? I always get made to feel so guilty about it WWYD?
TBH my head is fucked over this

Buggerlugs123 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:05:13

YANBU at all. I am also adopted and sought out my birth relatives-turns out they all knew about me which shocked me!
Beware if you do look to meet her-it wasn't a complete bed of roses!!!!
Best of luck

Crinkle77 Fri 29-Jul-16 14:25:09

WTF!!! Your adoptive family have left you out of family events cos your adopted? I am speechless. So they don't want you to find your birth family but then refuse to treat you a full member of their family. If you want to find your birth family you must do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now