Talk

Advanced search

To ask if..

(12 Posts)
summerskittles91 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:01:29

You are comfortable having intercourse in early pregnancy/first trimester?

Just curious about opinions as DH is worried about something going wrong (have had early MC before) whereas I think it is nothing to worry about..

emsyj Thu 28-Jul-16 22:02:37

I felt too sick and tired for most of the first trimester, but felt fine about it once I was well again. If your DH is worried then maybe you could ask your midwife for reassurance?

TuppencePenny Thu 28-Jul-16 22:10:27

It wouldn't concern me health wise. It would only be if I felt up to it or not but it won't hurt your baby.

AtSea1979 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:12:10

No, I was worried about MC risks.

Pinkheart5915 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:13:38

Yes I am 38 weeks at the moment and we've had sex the whole pregnancy same with ds last year too.

I wouldn't worry about it hurting the baby/something going wrong but if he's not sure I wouldn't push the subject maybe just show him a little info on sex in early pregnancy

Farmmummy Thu 28-Jul-16 22:15:19

I was told no no no after a premature birth (dd1) then traumatic miscarriage of twins but all my pregnancies have been high risk. It's a matter of what you are both comfortable with and what you feel is worth a risk. Good luck for a healthy and sticky pregnancy

User100 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:15:23

You'll be fine unless your into something really kinky your not telling us about.

summerskittles91 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:17:38

Thank you everyone!

Ha, no kinky stuff around here. I might wait a week or two and see if he feels any different. I did explain to him it is safe, but he's worried still. We're going away for the weekend so I was just looking forward to some alone time together. He might change his mind once were away!

Eatthecake Thu 28-Jul-16 22:18:44

I had MC the went on to have 4 DC and we had sex all the way in the pregnancies if anything my sex drive shot up in the first 12 weeks.

The NHS website says sex in early pregnancy is safe so unless you have been told by a doctor/midwife not to have sex. It's no problem

FastWindow Thu 28-Jul-16 22:20:35

That is a very normal fear for a dad to be. Its great he's concerned, but i suppose a little info wouldn't hurt. The amniotic sac is a terrific shock absorber.

Perhaps you could just go really slow and tantric? grin

Blink1982 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:40:18

I didn't. Something to do with the baby possibly having a different blood type to me cos I was A- they said if I had a small bleed then my blood could attack the baby. Put me off sex for a long time. I'm only just sorting myself out after that shocking warning.

Chinks123 Thu 28-Jul-16 23:45:14

Yes all through pregnancy up till giving birth, because I felt comfortable and wanted to do it. In the first (or was it second? It was a while ago now confused) trimester though I did bleed a small amount afterwards most times and the first time it happened I was terrified. But I rung the midwife and she said it can happen.

There's no reason (unless you've been told one by your midwife) that you can't but i know some men panic, and it's quite nice that he's worried but he doesn't need to be smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now