Talk

Advanced search

Asking neighbour to turn music down

(8 Posts)
someonescj Thu 28-Jul-16 20:32:01

WIBU to knock on my neighbors door and ask them to turn their music down?

They're playing extremely loud music my 3 year old DD can't sleep, I was thinking of giving it until 9pm, usually I can hear their TV through my bedroom wall until 2am some nights (which I dont really mind) however the noise is filling my whole house tonight.

SoleBizzz Thu 28-Jul-16 20:38:38

Yanbu.

mrsfuzzy Thu 28-Jul-16 21:55:16

yanbu but give them the benefit of the doubt they may not realise there is a problem, best have quiet word, and explain your cause.

Tinklypoo Thu 28-Jul-16 21:58:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mrsfuzzy Thu 28-Jul-16 22:17:03

okay, let's be honest, if it was my neighbours i'd probably be verging on murderous, but was trying to be helpful to op . i'd like to reenact the scene from 'the shining' axe through the door, manic grin shouting "here's fuzzy !!" .. have to go, my straight jacket has just arrived grin

snowgirl29 Thu 28-Jul-16 22:24:27

YNBU. I have neighbours (not immediate ones) who play well into the early hours regularly. My NDN has a newborn and I don't know how she tolerates it.

Go and knock on if you're brave enough I'm a wimp or if it continues past 11. Try ringing 101.

someonescj Fri 29-Jul-16 05:33:58

I went and knocked on his door politely explaining the situation, he was off his face on drugs and said told me it's his day off tomorrow so he's having a party would I like to join. Offer was declined and then the music just stopped about 5 minutes after. Seeing as it hasn't happened before like a pp said I'll let it slip, I've made a note on calender incase it becomes regular.

mrsfuzzy Fri 29-Jul-16 17:18:07

result, well done op !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now