Talk

Advanced search

To be upset with my best friend

(12 Posts)
Marymoosmum14 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:25:16

My best friend phoned me two days ago and said she was coming over to see me and my DD (her goddaughter), I said that's great be great to see you, then the next day she text me to ask me to print something off for her if she emailed it to me, again I said fine, no problem. She rang me to say she was just leaving work, that she had to drop something off at another friends first and that she wouldn't be long. That was over two hours ago. I know she works an hours drive a way.
My question is AIBU to be upset that she isn't here yet? My DD was really looking forward to seeing her and I have had to put her to bed before she has gotten her, she was rather upset. I feel like she only wanted to come over for this important piece of paperwork knowing that I would print it off for her and she doesn't really want to see me or my DD.
Part of me feels justified being upset as my DD was so looking forward to seeing her and she has let her down, but at the same time I feel IABU as she could be caught in traffic or something.

Amelie10 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:29:07

Call her ?

FreedomIsInPeril Thu 28-Jul-16 19:31:01

My question is AIBU to be upset that she isn't here yet?

Seems a bit premature, since you have no idea why she isn't there yet. Why so ready to think badly of someone you say is our best friend? You don't sound very friendly.

MiddleClassProblem Thu 28-Jul-16 19:32:08

YABU, you don't know what happened. She may have been able to print the doc off at work depending where she works.
If you really wanted her to see DD then arrange for a time that's not right before she goes to bed anyway.

Call her/text her

TwoKidsAndCounting Thu 28-Jul-16 19:32:27

YANBU if she does this often, people like this are rude and inconsiderate, everything revolves around them kind a people but if she's normally reliable and prompt then maybe call her and see if there's a problem, she could be stuck.

StealthPolarBear Thu 28-Jul-16 19:34:03

The fact you've assumed she's dome this deliberately makes me think she's generally selfish

Marymoosmum14 Thu 28-Jul-16 19:34:59

She does have a tendency to be a little late.

Smurfnoff Thu 28-Jul-16 19:37:33

Is she childless? Not necessarily relevant - but I know a lot of people say 'about an hour' without actually meaning 'I will be there in exactly one hour'. When a child is looking forward to something, however, an hour is 'ages' - and I bet you're getting an earful of 'But you SAID she'd be here SOOOON!!!' Probably just miscommunication.

SaucyJack Thu 28-Jul-16 19:39:00

I doubt anyone would do an hours drive for one printout. She could probably buy a cheap printer for the petrol cost.

I'm sorry she's let your daughter down tho. Does she have kids? it wouldn't occur to certain people I know that 7.30 is not a good time to visit a small child, or that they don't cope with being kept waiting.

DeathStare Thu 28-Jul-16 20:02:15

She's just running late. I doubt there's any more to it than that. You say she's always late so don't read something into it that isn't there. Yes it's irritating but it is unlikely to mean what you think it means.

FreedomIsInPeril Thu 28-Jul-16 20:06:05

The fact you've assumed she's dome this deliberately makes me think she's generally selfish

The fact that she assumes itwas done deliberately could also mean that OP is a bit paranoid or judgey, as well. Who knows?

ElsaAintAsColdAsMe Thu 28-Jul-16 20:11:34

She is an hours drive away and had to go past someone else's house too. Yabu I'm afraid. Maybe don't tell your dd she is visiting and leave it as a surprise in future then dd won't be disappointed if your friend is running late.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now