Talk

Advanced search

To love Adele

(54 Posts)
LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 15:53:41

I just think she's a fab role model, not all perfect and skinny or airbrushed. She was fab at Glasto. Nice and refreshing to have such a great singer who is just, well, herself.

GemmaWella81 Thu 28-Jul-16 15:58:09

Medal in the post.....

BorpBorpBorp Thu 28-Jul-16 15:59:13

Yes, everybody else hates her, that's why she's so unsuccessful and has hardly sold a single record.

Fishcake72 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:01:47

I can't stand her!

LikeDylanInTheMovies Thu 28-Jul-16 16:01:57

YABU.

She's an obnoxious loudmouth whose music honks worse than week old knob cheese. Her musical palate is so pedestrian that she's made the same album three times and if her lyrics were written in a letter she'd get an injunction taken out against her for stalking.

LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:02:16

Haha! Yes I think I'm a bit out of touch, I have just 'discovered' her (bit sad really).

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ValhallaAwaits Thu 28-Jul-16 16:05:40

Suppose that depends whether you would consider me unreasonable for not liking her?

I was gonna say that it's simply a matter of taste, though as your first reply shows, some people are too entitled to understand the concept....

llhj Thu 28-Jul-16 16:06:55

Yes she's fab.

AliceTheCamelHasNoHumps Thu 28-Jul-16 16:08:29

This thread ishmm

ABloodyDifficultWoman Thu 28-Jul-16 16:09:35

Fishcake - she speaks very highly of you grin

LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:13:26

Think I cross-posted, sorry if i seem 'entitled' (?) It was meant to be not a serious thread really...

Brandonstarkflakes Thu 28-Jul-16 16:14:32

God, some of the posters on this thread sound so bloody miserable! The OP just started a nice thread about a singer.

I like her - I think she just about treads the correct line of 'normal cockney pass' whilst managing not to tip over into annoying, and she is a cracking singer and songwriter. Plus I love that she appears not to give a fuck about being a certain 'size' which is incredibly rare.

Brandonstarkflakes Thu 28-Jul-16 16:17:05

I was gonna say that it's simply a matter of taste, though as your first reply shows, some people are too entitled to understand the concept....

Oh for fuck's sake. Get a grip.

Honestly lovely ignore these people!

LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:19:04

Haha I don't often post on here - is it not meant to be fun then, I take it?! (goes deadly serious)

RedHareWithBlondeHair Thu 28-Jul-16 16:21:10

Of course yanbu to like her and her music.

But yabu for this: "not all perfect and skinny or airbrushed."
Skinny people aren't perfect. And it's laughable to think that she's never been airbrushed.

LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:21:11

I didn't understand that, about being too entitled to understand? Maybe I'm too thick (liking Adele would seem to indicate as such) wink

LovelyBath77 Thu 28-Jul-16 16:21:12

I didn't understand that, about being too entitled to understand? Maybe I'm too thick (liking Adele would seem to indicate as such) wink

ValhallaAwaits Thu 28-Jul-16 16:22:09

I didnt mean you OP, my response was meant to be lighthearted, as in I dont like her particularly but yanbu if you do. And that it is unreasonable to comment on a post for no other reason than to belittle someone that their tastes may differ from those of another.

In short, YANBU.

PortiaCastis Thu 28-Jul-16 16:23:10

I like her and don't care how she writes her songs. Rolling in the deep is a favourite of mine

ThatsMyStapler Thu 28-Jul-16 16:24:10

i like her singing but i find her swearing on awards shows etc, and rude gestures a bit, well, cringey

ValhallaAwaits Thu 28-Jul-16 16:24:36

I meant the first reply to your original post, the one about the medal.

Brandonstarkflakes Thu 28-Jul-16 16:24:37

Oh god sorry vallhalla I totally misunderstood your post too, I thought you were talking about the OPs first reply!

<Gets coat>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now