Talk

Advanced search

to not want to be forced to Login every time I use Mumsnet?

(8 Posts)
evrybuddy Thu 28-Jul-16 10:41:42

This new Popup demanding Log in is really annoying - sometimes I just want to see if there are any new topics or just read a bit at work - if I have to login in every time it's really tedious and makes me not bother!

Plus point is I don't waste as much of my life getting annoyed...

EskSmith Thu 28-Jul-16 10:59:49

I'm not seeing that on my device. Have you disabled cookies or something?

latebreakfast Thu 28-Jul-16 11:11:41

YANBU. I hate hate hate the popup and the way it appears with its smug swinginess.

I think they may be A/B testing - so some people see it and some don't. I really hope they decide not to use it for everybody.

WeAllHaveWings Thu 28-Jul-16 11:21:55

I had that once about a year ago, it was a setting somewhere on my ipad.

Are you using safari? It was something set for privacy/don't stay signed in to sites. The header ribbon being dark grey indicated this setting was on, it's normally light grey.

Becles Thu 28-Jul-16 12:48:08

It's a trial apparently. I started a thread in site stuff but no reply about how blooming annoying it is.

If it winds you up please post on the thread too, you never know they may listen.

FeliciaJollygoodfellow Thu 28-Jul-16 12:49:07

I haven't had that.

I did when I had mistakenly put on private browsing.

evrybuddy Thu 28-Jul-16 13:31:26

Thanks all - I'm on Firefox - I'll check my settings.

I think they're the same as yesterday when I didn't get the enforced Login thing - smug swinginess sums it up perfectly!

It really is very, very annoying, swinging across the screen, changing it to dark, and preventing you from carrying on without registering or logging in.

@ Becles - Thanks - I'll check out your thread

Becles Thu 28-Jul-16 13:53:39

Post away

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/site_stuff/2675010-Unable-to-read-forum-without-logging-in

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now