To think this was inevitable? (Explosion in Germany)

(4 Posts)
Peppatina Wed 27-Jul-16 16:49:25

There has been a surge in terror attacks in Europe and instead of just thinking of the victims I have to admit I've been increasingly nervous.

I've been nervous because I'm sure that sooner or later the far right is actually going to get around to doing much more than just shouting racism and start attacking people/ mosques etc.

Aibu or pessimistic to think that this explosion outside of a government department for immigration/ refugees in Germany is just the beginning?

PedantPending Wed 27-Jul-16 16:54:59

I just heard this driving to my hotel on German news. I am in Germany. The explosion was caused by cans in a suitcase overheating, nothing more "sinister".
I don't suppose the fires in the refugee centres started by the refugees themselves to get moved to "better" accommodation ever gets reported in the UK?

whatsthenameofthegame Wed 27-Jul-16 17:05:03

I have just been having a similar conversation with a friend in rl and have started a thread about my concerns re a trip to Germany next week. I can't see the far right groups sitting back much longer without retaliation. The problem is, the immigrants that will be on the receiving end will not be the ones causing the problems. I'm becoming increasingly anxious about what is going on.

scaryteacher Thu 28-Jul-16 08:55:00

Pedant It doesn't seem to be reported in the UK news, but I've not seen it in the Belgian press either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now