Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to cringe at all Jerry Springer /Jeremy Kyle programmes

(9 Posts)
antiqueroadhoe Wed 27-Jul-16 14:53:21

I can't bear them - the hosts are arrogant and patronising, dining out on the awful lives these people have, winding them up and prodding them like circus animals. The whole thing is just horrific. Why do people enjoy watching others being bear-baited, humiliated and upset on TV?
Just the sound of the jeering and bleeped out screaming rows is horrendous - like a kind of moronic live bullying.
What do people enjoy about them?

Onedaftmonkey Wed 27-Jul-16 14:55:25

I think they watch them to believe at least my life isn't that bad. I agree horrible programmes. Best thing would be to stop making them and burn all the back episodes.

ChatterNatterer Wed 27-Jul-16 14:57:47

I hate them - I also hate the fact that my women's hospital seem to think it's the ideal show for the waiting rooms. It's crass, voyeuristic, polarising rubbish, car crash telly.

BarbaraofSeville Wed 27-Jul-16 15:32:27

I can't believe people go on them voluntarily (I assume it is voluntarily and not some modern day version of being put in the stocks in the town square with a sign around their neck stating 'I impregnated my neighbours dog and I let my sister watch').

Maybe they get paid? shitloads I hope.

Daisygarden Wed 27-Jul-16 15:38:08

I believe it's actually a badge of honour (no kidding) in certain circles.

Also, possibly some dysfunctional people, or people who find themselves in dysfunctional situations, aren't able to process events logically and they require a mediator - a "parent" - to prove this or that, or take sides.

Daisygarden Wed 27-Jul-16 15:40:31

antique I think the people who would go on them enjoy them the most. I think they like seeing that other people have similar struggles in life, and also maybe the "gossip" element of nosing in other people's problems, without having to be directly involved. Maybe it's a break from their own problems.

sonlypuppyfat Wed 27-Jul-16 15:41:40

I detest jeremy kyle he's like ghoul feeding off people's misery

Chopstick17 Wed 27-Jul-16 15:44:29

Jeremy Vile?

antiqueroadhoe Wed 27-Jul-16 16:57:00

It's sickening. Jeremy with his arrogant head cocked on one side, crouching down and creating an arena for these people to be mocked.
Surely they are paid a lot.

Can you imagine actually thinking that going on a tv show to have a row with someone with a lie detector on or undergoing DNA testing on air would be a good idea? It's been running for yeeeears as well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now