Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to go?

(18 Posts)
igotnotimeforthis Wed 27-Jul-16 10:42:08

Basically can't make a decision on whether to go visit family for 2 weeks with 2 DC or not.
The travel is a hassle, car journey, 2 flights etc, but I found an option that's actually not too bad and I think i can manage.
However DH is not pleased. He can't go because of work and he's not happy that we plan to go away for 2 weeks.
I can't really reduce the time as it has to take into account flight prices, my mother's holiday, my brother's holiday and my best friend 's wedding that i want to attend whilst there.
DH words "do what you want " then went off to work.
I literally need to decide now and book flights etc....
AIBU to go ahead and book it knowing he's not happy and having maybe slight doubts on how i will cope with the travelling?

QuiteLikely5 Wed 27-Jul-16 10:45:07

Does your dh want you all to go away as a family? Can't he take leave the following week and join you?

DeathStare Wed 27-Jul-16 10:45:19

Go. You'll cope fine with the travelling. And if your DH really didn't want you to go he shouldn't have said to do what you want.

igotnotimeforthis Wed 27-Jul-16 10:46:25

Thanks!
No, he won't be able to take time off anytime sooner

RubbleBubble00 Wed 27-Jul-16 10:47:35

Id go but then my dh wouldn't pull a face. I always take dh away to my parents during different school hols.

2016Hopeful Wed 27-Jul-16 10:48:41

It sounds like you live away from your family so I think you deserve some time with them I would think.

Why isn't your husband supportive - is he jealous that you are getting to go away and he has to work or is it financial? Does his family live nearby?

igotnotimeforthis Wed 27-Jul-16 10:54:04

I don't know why he's not ok with it.
I have been away for longer that that before

igotnotimeforthis Wed 27-Jul-16 10:54:42

His family is not close. He will be alone for 2 weeks, but mostly at work

RealityCheque Wed 27-Jul-16 11:09:20

Speak to your husband. Properly.

RealityCheque Wed 27-Jul-16 11:11:13

Speak to your husband. Properly.

Not randomers on the internet who know fuck-all about your relationship and dynamics so could not possibly make an informed decision relating to YOUR family.

Sheesh!

SantanaBinLorry Wed 27-Jul-16 11:14:53

Blimey Reality Op is only looking for a bit of advice!

hellsbellsmelons Wed 27-Jul-16 11:29:27

Definitely go.
Sounds like you have a lot catching up to do and a wedding to attend.
Book it.

QuiteLikely5 Wed 27-Jul-16 11:33:49

Does this mean though that you can no longer afford a family holiday when he can get leave?

Not enough info given as to why he isn't thrilled about the prospect of you going away

whois Wed 27-Jul-16 11:39:01

Yeah need more info - how is the money situation, are you a SAHP or do you just have more leave than him, is DH feeling like he doesn't get to do anything fun and only gets to go to work, does he like coming to visit your family with you etc?

Just have an pen and honest conversation with him about why he is unhappy.

Some people would quite like the idea of 2 weeks child free to just go to work and socilaise / rest / gym in the evenings!

Is him flying out for a long weekend in the middle a possibility>?

ReginaBlitz Wed 27-Jul-16 12:00:01

It is a bit bad fucking off without him for 2 weeks. Not surprised he's pissed off.

Missgraeme Wed 27-Jul-16 12:34:46

Tell him u will make it up to him when u get back. Its not unreasonable to expect some time with your family. He isn't the only important person in your life! Happy travels!

igotnotimeforthis Wed 27-Jul-16 15:10:47

We have agreed no family holiday this year as saving money.
For this trip my dad has offered to pay part of the cost as they really want to see us.
I suppose he's not happy to be coming home to a empty house each night, but he's an adult ffs can get over it, it's only 2 weeks.
He won't even know how to switch the dishwasher on or the washing machine.
But doubt he's worried about that.

I'm a sahm.

He's now texted about some practical things re the trip , so I guess he's accepted it will happen

Witchend Wed 27-Jul-16 15:37:23

agreed no family holiday as saving money

Sorry but if you've agreed that then it's not fair. Even if your df is paying part.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now