Supermarket queue (very, very trivial, but you know how it is).

(6 Posts)
RobinsAreTerritorialFuckers Tue 26-Jul-16 19:58:00

I got to the conveyer belt with my basket just before the only person in front of me, who'd unpacked all her stuff, muttered something at the cashier and dashed off. I had all of six things, so cashier and I sat waiting for a while for her to come back. After about the fourth time of him apologising to me - which he didn't need to do - I said, ok, I'll pass you my items. There were so few I figured we'd be done before she was back.

Predictably, we weren't. She dashed up, shoved a packed under his face and apologised for having to go get it, then seemed put out he was in the middle of taking my card. I apologised too and explained we'd not known how long she'd be.

She was the rude one, right?

She didn't even respond to my apology and as I left, I heard her tearing the cashier off a strip, which made me feel really guilty.

Thing is, it was the only open till, so how long should I have waited?

99GBPChargeToUseMyPostsJournos Tue 26-Jul-16 20:04:08

Why wasnt the cashier scanning her shopping? That's very odd to just wait.

Amelie10 Tue 26-Jul-16 20:10:30

Yanbu, but here the supermarkets immediately cancel your transactions and push your stuff aside to rejoin the queue if you pull this nonsense. She was rude to have made everyone else behind her wait.

pippitysqueakity Tue 26-Jul-16 20:10:50

Yup, someone should have been doing something n the time you were sat waiting...I want to go to your supermarket btw, am fed up of standing at mine...

Bettybooop25 Tue 26-Jul-16 20:11:36

Do people really sit and dwell on this kind of stuff?

Who cares ffs.

RobinsAreTerritorialFuckers Tue 26-Jul-16 21:21:02

No, betty, no one cares. We're all just trying to help you exercise your sparkling wit, since you clearly need the outlet. smile

And thanks, all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now