Talk

Advanced search

To not know what to reply?

(6 Posts)
Squintforillusionoffitness Tue 26-Jul-16 12:49:54

Asked out by someone from past, nothing really happened though as one of us had to move away. Anyway I told him I'd be in his neck of the woods Wednesday (meaning tomorrow) after he asked; he took this to mean next week, and said he was starting work then and felt his social life was about to disappear (complete with anxious emoji). Asked me a question blah blah. Do I reply? I'm happy to see him as a one-off with no expectations. I'm not that bothered either. But is it desperate/weird to be like oh I meant tomorrow not next week?

Squintforillusionoffitness Tue 26-Jul-16 12:50:50

He is moving away for work, high pressure job

Scotmumof2girls Tue 26-Jul-16 12:54:04

sounds like a simple confusion, I'd clarify dates and say you had meant tomorrow and see what happens. Don't think you'd look too keen though as I say simple confusion.

Ragwort Tue 26-Jul-16 12:55:48

Not really sure what you are saying so can understand why he was confused. confused

Surely you just reply saying 'sorry, I mean Wed 27th - do you want to meet for a quick drink at X bar?'

Squintforillusionoffitness Tue 26-Jul-16 13:04:37

Ok well basucally I said to him I'd be around on Wednesday. I thought it was obvious it was this Wednesday. But I don't know which Wednesday he means?!

RedHareWithBlondeHair Tue 26-Jul-16 13:14:16

Have you posted about this situation before? If so and things haven't improved since then I suggest you put this firmly in the back of your mind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now