Talk

Advanced search

"If you are in a restaurant and you laser someon, what do you tell the waitress when she asks what you are doing? Can you say she's just glug glug glug?"

(15 Posts)
HeresashatinaboxpAt Tue 26-Jul-16 11:31:56

AIBU to not know how to answer this and many more loopy questions from the six year old?
Any other cracking questions out there that have left you mind boggled?
Only six weeks of this... How do the teachers not just walk out?

BorpBorpBorp Tue 26-Jul-16 11:33:06

"I don't know, dear. What do you think?"

VioletBam Tue 26-Jul-16 11:34:09

"We don't laser waitresses"

HeresashatinaboxpAt Tue 26-Jul-16 11:38:30

I did I ask why would you laser someone... She responded with "mummy that is not the question"

wasonthelist Tue 26-Jul-16 11:38:46

You shouldn't have a laser if you are six. They aren't toys and can cause temporary blindness and in extreme cases, sight damage. Why the ehll do people give these to kids?

ChicRock Tue 26-Jul-16 11:39:48

"You tell her that you're lasering someone". Obvs grin

HoneyDragon Tue 26-Jul-16 11:42:28

The standards response to that sort of question in this house is

"By the time you're big enough you'll be too old"

HeresashatinaboxpAt Tue 26-Jul-16 11:44:17

Wasonthelist... She does not own a laser light she meant like the lipstick laser in despicable me!

Queenbean Tue 26-Jul-16 11:47:02

Lols at the thought of someone giving a six year old an industrial strength lazer, a la Doctor Evil mutated ill tempered sea bass

Batteriesallgone Tue 26-Jul-16 11:48:37

Honey that is brilliant!

Aramynta Tue 26-Jul-16 12:10:57

This sounds like that scene from Despicable Me 2.

We watch the minions films far too much blush

P.S - Lipstick Taser

Schwabischeweihnachtskanne Tue 26-Jul-16 12:16:15

What's the glug glug glug part about?

My 5 year old asked me an hour ago who he'd be living with if DH and I had "accidentally walked into a fire" (very specifically) when he was 3 shock and whether, if that should happen and he should have to be "given to somebody else", he would be "given back" to DD (big sister) when she "turned into a grown up" when she reached the age of 18... also whether DD would have to get married in order to "get him back" shock (very conventional 5 yo apparently...)

I asked him when he started thinking about all that and he said "just now, I thought of it when I saw a boy out of the window and I think he was about 3..."

Strange creatures, small sprogs...

ImNotJoeMyNameIsHarry Tue 26-Jul-16 17:43:17

I agree with aramynta it's the scene from dispicible me 2 where grus on the date.

youtu.be/2tzvi3Xp6sw

MalcolmTuckersEyebrows Tue 26-Jul-16 19:04:17

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CharleyDavidson Tue 26-Jul-16 19:06:42

As a teacher, the correct response is
"I don't know. Ask someone at home."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now