Talk

Advanced search

What's more efficient?

(35 Posts)
ThisUsernameIsAvailable Mon 25-Jul-16 21:42:46

Oh likes to point out where I'm wasting time which annoys the fuck out of me

Who's right here tho.

You're doing the ironing, you iron each item and put into a pile then after you've done all of it you seperate into piles for the (6) people it belongs to.
Or
You iron each item and put it straight into a pile for each person.

This seems obvious to me hmm

Yes I realise it's a bit pointless but I want to show him how wrong he is grin

FetchezLaVache Mon 25-Jul-16 21:44:36

...I think you could save yourself quite a bit of time by telling him to do his own fecking ironing!

Champagneformyrealfriends Mon 25-Jul-16 21:46:10

I iron on a need to wear basis grin
But I'd have 6 piles and allocate as I ironed.

OneEpisode Mon 25-Jul-16 21:46:28

I don't have room for piles?
My dad's system, perfected over nearly 8 decades, is iron everything and hang (everything, even cloth hankies). Things are packed away for the right person/right place only later when 100% dry.

RebelRogue Mon 25-Jul-16 21:46:56

Best time saving way is to NOT do any ironing gringringrin

SecretMongoose Mon 25-Jul-16 21:47:52

Don't iron. There you go, saves loads of time!

Bellyrub1980 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:48:06

The most efficient way is to not iron. Scruffy, but efficient.

McBassyPants Mon 25-Jul-16 21:48:10

KatharinaRosalie Mon 25-Jul-16 21:48:38

where I'm wasting time

I got to doing the ironing. That's where you're wasting time.

Longlost10 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:51:58

doing the ironing for 6 people. That is where you are going wrong.

c3pu Mon 25-Jul-16 21:52:27

I have a strict "no ironing" policy.

I can iron. I choose not to.

Moreisnnogedag Mon 25-Jul-16 21:53:16

Ugh no need for all of that but absolutely six piles.

FourEyesGood Mon 25-Jul-16 21:54:30

Who has room for 6 piles of ironing? And yeah, he should be doing his own ironing.

user7755 Mon 25-Jul-16 21:56:38

Dh does this (does my fecking head in). We don't iron but we do blush leave washing to pile up and wait till there's loads to put away. He puts everyone's clothes in a big pile (so four piles), I then have to go through again and sort it into undies, tops, trousers, jumpers, pyjamas. He refuses point blank to put it in the right piles to start with - takes twice as long!

TondelayaDellaVentamiglia Mon 25-Jul-16 21:57:22

make your piles as you go....why would you handle any one item more than once?

aside from the obvious idiocy of the ironing.

OneEpisode Mon 25-Jul-16 21:58:23

My dad never has been able to identify which clothes belong to which person. Person on ironing duty irons & hangs. Household member collects their items, thanks ironing person.

springwaters Mon 25-Jul-16 22:01:55

Wash. Put in piles then every man , woman and child for themselves. They want it ironed they do it.

Gatehouse77 Mon 25-Jul-16 22:02:24

In our old house I did separate piles of ironing and then added the non-ironed items and put on each person's bed. Or hand it directly to them depending on circumstances.
Where we are now I don't have the space so I do one pile, take it upstairs and sort into individual piles.

I would say the most efficient is separate piles. If you have the space.

Oh, and I enjoy ironing (great excuse to watch crap telly wink) and I prefer to put on ironed clothes. But I hate housework!

Missgraeme Tue 26-Jul-16 14:39:22

Cream.
For the piles
Dh irons the uniforms daily.
Rest gets folded. Job done.

BorpBorpBorp Tue 26-Jul-16 14:43:24

If you have room for all the piles, it's more efficient to put them in piles as you go, as you reduce the number of times you have to handle each item.

zofranks Tue 26-Jul-16 14:54:40

how do people not to any ironing? I would love to but dh has to wear formal 4 days a week & I have to wear smart office attire, from september dd will be at school.

separate piles as you iron, why double the work?

Witchend Tue 26-Jul-16 15:08:09

What's ironing? wink

whois Tue 26-Jul-16 15:12:48

I have a strict "no ironing" policy.

I can iron. I choose not to.

I'm not sure I can actully iron. I assume I could do if I needed to. I wear non-iron tops at work and get my shirts that DO need ironing laundered. Job. Done.

DoJo Tue 26-Jul-16 15:21:52

My husband and I both work for ourselves, so don't impose a dress code. He irons shirts occasionally, I don't own anything that needs ironing except a linene skirt that hasn't seen the light of day since the last time I ironed it and got fed up after about 3 panels! I only recently found out where we keep the iron after I wanted it to get some candle wax out of a rug and had to ask my husband.

BlackeyedSusan Tue 26-Jul-16 15:25:05

I iron for weddings and funerals.

as to the most efficient? where are the piles in relation to the ironing board? which is the least walking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now