To second guess myself?

(5 Posts)
FluffyPanda Mon 25-Jul-16 18:03:04

I have a 3.5yo DD.

Since 8m she's called me mama or some other variant.

I love her with my whole heart. She's my world.

But sometimes when I'm really tired or feeling odd, she'll call me "mummy" and I'll think, "who, me?. Holy shit, yeah. I'm a mum!"

It still baffles me sometimes that I'm a mum, I'm responsible for this little human.

She was planned and very very wanted before anyone thinks any different

Me624 Mon 25-Jul-16 19:42:53

YANBU. You have been at it a bit longer than me - DS is nearly 5 months - but I still find it weird that I'm a parent. Before I had him I didn't feel like a proper grown up (I'm 29!) and everyone said to me, oh you don't until you become a parent. But then I became one and guess what, I still don't feel like a proper grown up! I find it especially weird when I'm with my own DM and she looks to me on something to do with how to look after DS - despite the fact that it's a good 26 years since she had a baby to look after herself, I'm still shocked that I would know how to do it better than her, a proper grown up!

SouperSal Mon 25-Jul-16 19:50:09

I used to wake up and hear a noise and think we'd got a cat! DD is now almost 6 and I'm still not used to it. confused

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jul-16 19:53:09

grin ha I love that. When we came back from the hospital with day old ds it felt like they'd discharged us with a small exotic pet. I couldn't believe we had no instructions!
I also still feel like I'm doing an ok job but there's a real grown up in the background waiting to step in when needed!!

StealthPolarBear Mon 25-Jul-16 19:53:53

Lol just read yours properly me264

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now