Talk

Advanced search

Another MIL issue - hair colour so trivial ish ...

(6 Posts)
Namechangingme Sun 24-Jul-16 22:08:58

Generally get on ok, met DH aged 40, both of us in good jobs no kids. Got married 9 months later all great.

FF nearly 4 years and I got some expensive highlights recently. We went there for something and I asked if she liked it.

The reply was "oh yes, that looks much better ... You look a bit hard with dark hair"

I am naturally dark - I'm part Romanian ffs. I have to dye now and then cos of grey. When she saw my shocked face her response was , "well I never said anything as I didn't want to upset you"

AIBU for wanting to hide and now burn all my wedding pics ? :-(

Mouikey Sun 24-Jul-16 22:12:38

I shouldn't laugh at this, but you did ask her and she told you!!!

Mouikey Sun 24-Jul-16 22:13:00

But don't burn your pics 😊

Namechangingme Sun 24-Jul-16 22:16:08

Lol it is kind of funny and I did post it on FB at the time with a 😂 Or two so it could out me but hey ho.

There is some other underlying resentment now though and I just think her behaviour is strange. As for the highlights she could have just said she liked them rather than commenting on my former appearance I'd had for the 3.5 years she has known me.

seethes

Patterkiller Sun 24-Jul-16 22:17:56

Doesn't matter what I do to my hair MIL stock response is 'what made you do that' with a tinkly laugh.

Honestly some people have no filter and if your natural hair is dark it would not have made you look hard at all.

Mouikey Sun 24-Jul-16 22:46:16

Just to add, my mum loves my hair blonde when it is brown, red when it is brown and blonde when it is red!! I think she would prefer it au natural (mouse) - I don't ask her now!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now