Advanced search

Does this need medical treatment?

(27 Posts)
Rickstone Sat 23-Jul-16 19:30:27

Sorry, I just need the traffic AIBU gets. Thanks x

nanetterose Sat 23-Jul-16 19:31:56

Is it an allergy?😃

FoggyMorn Sat 23-Jul-16 19:32:12

Yes! Is it Hogweed burn? I'd suggest A&E or walk in centre if you have one near you.

Alasalas2 Sat 23-Jul-16 19:33:28

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rickstone Sat 23-Jul-16 19:33:42

It's actually a sting, I assumed jellyfish? But we are not sure

Cocolepew Sat 23-Jul-16 19:35:40

Yike! Yes I would go to A&E

Nanunanu Sat 23-Jul-16 19:36:15

Depends. Did he fall in a nettle patch (horrible but explainable) or did or just come from no where or was there some other explanation?

Generally if you wonder if someone should see a doctor you should discuss it worth someone medically qualified rather than randoms on an Internet site.

Go to a pharmacist or phone 111 or go to a+e depending upon how well or poorly the young man in question is

Rickstone Sat 23-Jul-16 19:36:35

We're on holiday, so I'll see where the local clinic is

pensivepolly Sat 23-Jul-16 19:36:40

Shingles? Or do you know it is some kind of sting? Yes A&E

Judgeaway Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:05

I would get that checked asap really.

SandunesAndRainclouds Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:16

Have you given any treatment at all ie antihistamine?

olympicsrock Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:19

I am a doctor. Take some pain relief and some Piriton. Apply cold pack wrapped in tea towel.

Rickstone Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:34

It's a sting, yes, from the sea. Not sure what, but assumed jellyfish but am now not sure

Judgeaway Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:38

Are you on holiday in the uk?

Rickstone Sat 23-Jul-16 19:37:58

No, abroad

Scarydinosaurs Sat 23-Jul-16 19:38:35

Go to a clinic, definitely.

Judgeaway Sat 23-Jul-16 19:39:02

Then I really do think you should get it checked as it could be more serious than jelly fish

Almostfifty Sat 23-Jul-16 19:39:27

I thought jellyfish.

Have you put vinegar on it?

Cocolepew Sat 23-Jul-16 19:39:44

The local Drs will have a much better idea what caused it.

WeeScotsEgg Sat 23-Jul-16 19:41:45

That looks nasty. I'd be seeking medical advice if I were you.

Woopsiedaisy Sat 23-Jul-16 19:51:02

OMG yes !!

I am pretty sure that is Jellyfish. You can see where you have been whipped by the tentacles.

You need medical treatment.

StarryIllusion Sat 23-Jul-16 20:08:25

Sone jellyfish are dangerous. Go to a&e

ScarlettDarling Sat 23-Jul-16 20:10:26

Are you on a package holiday? If so you should have a number for your rep who will be able to advise you on where you could be seen. It looks quite shocking, I think it needs to be looked at.

BluePitchFork Sat 23-Jul-16 20:19:57


wash with vinegar, take antihistamine and anti inlfammatory (ibu, aspirin). dr if feel faint.

Alasalas2 Sat 23-Jul-16 20:23:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now