Talk

Advanced search

Snoring partner

(18 Posts)
c3pu Sat 23-Jul-16 19:06:15

AIBU to want to murder dump my new girlfriend because she snores?

I'm not talking about the odd snore over the course of a night either. I'm talking, the moment she's asleep she is snoring her fucking tits off, no matter what position she sleeps in.

We've not been going out long, only a few weeks. This kinda feels like a deal breaker, if I am never ever going to want to spend the night with her...

Wwyd?

Newbienew Sat 23-Jul-16 19:10:23

Buy ear plugs !

user1467007852 Sat 23-Jul-16 19:11:54

I snore. I only snore since I've put weight on 😳😳 I hate it. Hate it that it can disrupt my partners sleep. I'm losing weight. How can I stop it. I'm not the aboves other half lol

BringingYoniBack Sat 23-Jul-16 19:13:03

I snore since pregnancy. DH gets angry and yells but I can't bloody help it.

HereIAm20 Sat 23-Jul-16 19:13:35

Ear plugs
Spare room
Nose strip
Swift kick
Elbow

Crispbutty Sat 23-Jul-16 19:13:38

My partner could have written this a couple of years ago.. Luckily he managed to get used to my snoring!

c3pu Sat 23-Jul-16 19:13:55

The thought crossed my mind newbie, but its so fucking loud I don't think they'd help. Last night I literally had my head between two pillows, and it made no difference.

I'm tired 😥

c3pu Sat 23-Jul-16 19:15:57

There is no spare room available sad

Swift kick and elbow have both been deployed. They bought time, but moments only.

I don't even think she knows she does it...

phlebasconsidered Sat 23-Jul-16 19:25:41

I've tried the nose strips with my husband, pretty much all over the counter "solutions" and nothing works. The only thing that works is separate rooms or me being so shitfaced I pass out. At times I want to kill him. Even earplugs don't work when I'm next to him. I can still hear him when he is snoring downstairs, but at least the earplugs work then.

Interestingly, the kids are not bothered by it at all. They've grown up with it, it's like washing machine noise to them.

It's not a relationship / marriage breaker, but you do need to be honest and say. A lot depends on how much sleep you need. I'm useless once I'm woken in the early hours.

Maybe she doesn't know how bad it is. I recorded my husband and he was shocked by how loud and constant it was. Plus, his new fitbit tells him how disrupted his own sleep is from it. He has made a doctor's appointment!

user1467007852 Sat 23-Jul-16 19:40:33

Do you snore more if your overweight,

c3pu Sat 23-Jul-16 20:01:42

It does seem a bit more likely to be a snorer if you're overweight...

winkywinkybumbum Sat 23-Jul-16 20:04:15

Earphones plugged in, listening to white noise on YouTube all night. Didn't hear any snoring and slept amazingly.

squoosh Sat 23-Jul-16 20:06:24

I couldn't share a bed with a snorer.

Mouikey Sat 23-Jul-16 20:14:24

Bioears are awesome (silicon ear plugs moulded to your ears) for snoring and all manner of other noise nuisances!! Foam earplugs won't cut the mustard!

I ceased snoring when I lost weight, but I wasn't a big snorer anyway. An ex was terrible and I used to cry in the middle of the night though lack of sleep, the above earplugs made me slightly more sane!

Newbienew Fri 29-Jul-16 00:10:19

Hi c3. How are you getting on ? I used to have to go to spare room as my dh was very loud snoring. Kids could hear him from down stairs. I buy mine from ebay the yellow and red ones ( light industrial smile ) give them a go.

janey77 Fri 29-Jul-16 00:18:29

I've been told that I'm a terrible snorer (ahem don't think so!), but I think it might run in the females of the family because my mum and daughter both snore like pigs...earplugs are your friend, or failing that the spare room grin

WanderingNotLost Fri 29-Jul-16 01:18:53

Quies foam earplugs are the only thing that's stopped me murdering my DP in his sleep. Seriously... they are awesome.

mathsmum314 Fri 29-Jul-16 10:50:23

If this really bugs you... dump her, doesn't sound like you could cope with a life time of no sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now