to kick dh up the backside (lighthearted)

(7 Posts)
mailfuckoff Sat 23-Jul-16 16:03:02

I have been asking dh to decorate my ds bedroom since we moved in 8 months ago. He keeps saying he will when he gets the time. Over the summer holidays he has six weeks off and the children have a couple of weeks at holidays activity camps to I suggested he could do both rooms, one a week. It's sat afternoon, he's meant to be starting the decorating in Monday and he's not even decided how to decorate it yet. This is the man that took six months to hang a mirror! It doesn't need to be perfect or a work of art, it just needs a lock of paint and new blinds. I have threatened to do it but I work long hours and he complains about the painting I do as it's not perfect. I don't want it to drag more than two weeks and we are out all day tomorrow. Grrrrrr!

wannabestressfree Sat 23-Jul-16 16:15:08

I would just start doing it myself...... it should be enough to motivate him!

Thattimeofyearagain Sat 23-Jul-16 16:24:18

Just tell him what you want.

mailfuckoff Sat 23-Jul-16 16:46:10

I've asked him to square it ds as he should get some input into his room. Something iceburg/ artic theamed seems a good idea with blue and white walls and a blue blind. Ds loves penguin so that might work

MadameJosephine Sat 23-Jul-16 16:53:05

Does he have six weeks off because he's a teacher? If so surely this is the FIRST day of his holidays so I think you can cut him some slack for a few days

NapQueen Sat 23-Jul-16 16:57:54

You seem to want him to do a lot of things:-

*choose the decor
*do the decor
*do it all NOW on the first day of his holidays.

Why are you being so bossy?

mailfuckoff Sat 23-Jul-16 17:09:50

No hes not a teacher, hes taken 6 weeks off unpaid because he wanted too. I tried to chosr the decoration and but the stuff but he said no, he wanted to do it all . I don't want it to take 6 weeks to do one room, the man has form for taking a long time to do stuff but he won't let me pay for anyone to come in and do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now